Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] D Sean Walker signs with the Hurricanes (5 years, $3.6M AAV)

paragon

May 5, 2010
Good replacement for Pesce. I bet the term and money are going to be great as well since this is Carolina.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
He was the guy I wanted if we didn’t get Roy. Seems like Canes didn’t want to spend as much on D so very happy with this number

Slavin - Burns
Orlov - Chatfield/Walker
Ghost - Chatfield/ Walker

It’s not what it was last year but still happy with that overall

They're spending about as much on defense as they typically do. The change is that they spread the wealth to Chatfield/Ghost/Walker in order for Rod to be able to run three premium pairs again.

Reactions: Tryamw and SnS

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
They're spending about as much on defense as they typically do. The change is that they spread the wealth to Chatfield/Ghost/Walker in order for Rod to be able to run three premium pairs again.
Yes - I just mean they didn’t pony up for Pesce/Skjei/Roy tier of players/contracts. Which we knew going in. I’m not sure about Ghost but as a #6 I don’t hate it

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Bargain based on his play this year, but tbf he was basically given away a year ago in the provorov deal when he was making 2.6

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Difficult if a good deal. Excellent during the regular season for both the Flyers and AVs (terrible during playoffs).

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wanted him on the Oil last year. Thought he'd be valued right around 3M-4M if he extended him. Fair deal for the Canes. Good player. Surprised Avs fans didn't like him, I think he was asked to take on too much for their high flying style of play.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
More of a Skjei replacement stylistically, even if he plays the other side.

I mentioned in another thread he’s kind of a poor man’s Skjei and so funny enough, he goes to Carolina.

He was pretty disappointing with the Avs, ultimately….anonymous #5 type blueliner by the playoffs. But he was very good with Philly.
This is a guy who is going to flourish in a structured system like the canes.
Fair pay for solid player. And not paying him til he’s 37-38 years old like some of these crazy deals.
Def 1 of the best, if not the best value contract signed today.
Nice work canes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad