Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] D Joakim Ryan signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $775k, two-way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
1720992173775.png

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Canes have an AHL team to fill, so they’ve had a few signings in this range so the team has some vets to mix with the prospects and be depth players for the nhl team. Looks like they’re giving themselves a chance to be competitive in the AHL, which may have been part of the agreement with the Wolves. The Canes are in charge of the team now but maybe made a commitment to keep the Wolves a good team for their market.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
We now have an AHL team. Not weird at all. Many of our prospects will be going back to Europe. What's weird to me is that he agreed to a 2 way deal here vs. playing over-seas.

Maybe he wants to be near his friend Brent Burns who hunts game and cooks healthy lean meats and maybe Ryan digs that.

@Patty Ice would you agree/back me up on this?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I couldn't speak on that but I wouldn't be shocked if Burns talked him up on the organization.

Yes I agree. You know what they say, Sharks of a school stick together. Go SHARKSSSS!!!
Ryan was in the Canes organization back in 20-21 before Burns ever came on board, so he was already familiar with it even if it was only for a handful of games.

Reactions: Patty Ice and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad