GDT: Caps @ Sabres - 1/28/14 7:30 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Way to go Ovi -- all it takes is a 4-point game from you (and Green time-travelling back to 200X) to beat Sabres [reserve goalie] in OT.

If we're gonna pretend for a sec that we're witnessing some sort of resurgence, I guess it was nice to see a Green/Brouwer/Erat offensive sighting.

Vladiator16*

Is it me or erat looks like sergei federov.

Yes, he does, Its the way he skates, i wish he had Feds shot, vision, instincts, big game ability...

I really hope Erat proves so many of us wrong and plays the way he is playing the last few games, so management could concentrate on D first and foremost.

Last edited by a moderator:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Way to go Ovi -- all it takes is a 4-point game from you (and Green time-travelling back to 200X) to beat Sabres [reserve goalie] in OT.

If we're gonna pretend for a sec that we're witnessing some sort of resurgence, I guess it was nice to see a Green/Brouwer/Erat offensive sighting.

This bears repeating. I'm overjoyed at the 2 points and some of the positives I saw tonight and vs MTL, but we just beat 2 of the worst teams in the league, one of which played their backup goalie, who took us to OT after we blew the lead 3 times.

If this team needs to do anything it's NOT get overly comfortable and start coasting based on a few wins. That's how slumps start...

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Yes, he does, Its the way he skates, i wish he had Feds shot, vision, instincts, big game ability...

I really hope Erat proves so many of us wrong and plays the way he is playing the last few games, so management could concentrate on D first and foremost.

I think he means physically. Lol... Cause I see it too

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
This bears repeating. I'm overjoyed at the 2 points and some of the positives I saw tonight and vs MTL, but we just beat 2 of the worst teams in the league, one of which played their backup goalie, who took us to OT after we blew the lead 3 times.

If this team needs to do ANYTHING it's not get overly comfortable and start coasting based on a few wins. That's how slumps start...

This.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009

Please don't put any reality in this celebration. We like the team the way it is. Lets dump our 2nd round pick for useless player and push for a five game series with the penguins.

Icetime

Oct 28, 2006
LA
I can see McPhee sitting up in a box saying to himself over and over "I like our team, I like our team, I like our team" as he falls deeper and deeper into one of those pesky "I am the master of the hockey universe" delusions.

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
The funny thing is..........Marty Erat is one of the best players on the team. Great along the boards, backchecks well, one of the few that can make tape-to-tape passes.

But the coach hates him and the fans hate him. Whatever. You get what you deserve.

I'd ask for a trade, too. Out of this cluster ****.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I can see McPhee sitting up in a box saying to himself over and over "I like our team, I like our team, I like our team" as he falls deeper and deeper into one of those pesky "I am the master of the hockey universe" delusions.
gmgm.gif

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
The funny thing is..........Marty Erat is one of the best players on the team. Great along the boards, backchecks well, one of the few that can make tape-to-tape passes.

But the coach hates him and the fans hate him. Whatever. You get what you deserve.

I'd ask for a trade, too. Out of this cluster ****.

Mrs. Erat? Is that you?

Welcome to the boards. Your husband played well tonight.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I would love to see more 10/83/43. Maybe 21 instead of 83 because they're in love with him, but a third line with Erat and Wilson is a good thing to me. When he doesn't think he has to be a fighter, Wilson seems like a damn good player.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I would love to see more 10/83/43. Maybe 21 instead of 83 because they're in love with him, but a third line with Erat and Wilson is a good thing to me. When he doesn't think he has to be a fighter, Wilson seems like a damn good player.

We've seen that line plenty before. Remember when Erat was on the 4th line at the beginning of the season?

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Boy, that Weber guy is a piece of ****. Hopefully someone throws an elbow at him behind the play to see how he likes it.

I wonder ow many marijuana's green smoked before tonight's game because it was the perfect amount.

He just switched to a higher-sativa, lower-indica blend so that he's more alert.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
We've seen that line plenty before. Remember when Erat was on the 4th line at the beginning of the season?

I'm talking 3rd line minutes though. The issue has been when they had that line, they were getting like 6 minutes a night. Erat and Wilson I think really seem to work well together. Center doesn't matter as much to me, I'd like Latta just for him to get work but not sure he's ready for the 3rd line minutes yet. Laich is a black hole of offense, but if he's asked to grind he's fine as a 3rd liner, I just think they just need 15 minutes a night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad