Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Interesting. I think with Sgarbossa and McIlrath it is as much as hiding them on Caps roster until last possible time. If you cut them now, someone may want to give them a week tryout. These are important depth pieces.

No issues with those lineups. We see three starting lines and some players battling.

I wouldn’t mind seeing McMichael at center rather than Sgarbossa. And let Cristal play with Wilson and PLD. Part to have him play with proven vets instead of AHL’ers and secondly because those big bodies will protect Cristal from stupid shit.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I mean it is going to be one of Vrana, Cristal, and Miro. maybe two if we only keep 7 Dee.

Parascak, Sgarbossa, and McIlrath all going down. Same with Shep.

Still some things to figure out over next week and two games. Looks like Jake gets first shot to show he belongs.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I bet those are the lines and AA and Bear are the 21st and 22nd guys opening night
Maybe Miro over AA

Last edited:

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
Parsacak kinda surprises me, I don't feel like I've seen anything from him that'd warrant sticking around still.
I don't think he has a chance to make the team, but keeping him around has lots of other benefits. He gets more weeks of NHL level training. Via Cristall, Parascak's being shown that if he works hard this year, he could be given NHL opportunities next season. It also gives Cristall a friend approximately his age who speaks English.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA

They're not going to take Hershey's captain away to be the 8D in Washington all season. I think they're pumping his tires and waiting for the right time to send him down to potentially avoid someone taking a chance on him. Same with Sgarbossa. Wait until teams are finalizing their rosters and making their last cuts so they don't have room to make claims. They send them down now, somebody grabs them, gives them a couple games, likes them and keeps them as their 13F or 7D.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Next year, Leonard, Cristall and Miro could all need spots. From a cap perspective, we are in a pretty good spot.

Really fun to think about.

8-17-9
28-80-43
24-29-63

Here we come again.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don’t see this as a bummer at all. The guys that are “seemingly playing” have earned the right to be in the top 12 (especially Milano and Lapierre….and to a lesser extent, Raddysh).

Vrana can still be the 13. Cristall can still get his 9 game shot.

Miro is sent down. Parascak is sent down. Sgarbossa gets sent down.

That’s that.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Give Cristall his cup of coffee then send him down. Hopefully he can join Hershey (or the Caps) for a playoff run. Vrana as 13F isn’t my preference, but it’s also not the worst thing ever, especially if it’s 2-way. Then Miro will be first call-up on offense after Cristal goes back to jrs. Everyone gets a taste. Depth is good.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
They're not going to take Hershey's captain away to be the 8D in Washington all season. I think they're pumping his tires and waiting for the right time to send him down to potentially avoid someone taking a chance on him. Same with Sgarbossa. Wait until teams are finalizing their rosters and making their last cuts so they don't have room to make claims. They send them down now, somebody grabs them, gives them a couple games, likes them and keeps them as their 13F or 7D.
yep… i was saying the same thing earlier in thread. They need to hold them until last cut when rosters are already mostly set. No time to do a trial. If they get claimed then someone wants them on opening day roster.

Agree that org would rather have McIlrath captaining for a three peat rather than 7/8 Dee in Washington. But he could be this years Sgarbossa if there are injuries on Dee and he comes up for extended time.

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
BTW, for those few who questioned whether Lapierre was making the Caps, Carbery's press conference made it clear that his spot was not in question.

If he's still struggling 20 games into the season, then we might get a different answer. But he was always going to start with the Caps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad