Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
Why would they offer Vrana a penny more than league-minimum if he makes the team? Coming to camp on a PTO would indicate (at least to me) that he’d be willing to accept anything to play here, since he didn’t sign/wasn’t offered a deal in free agency anywhere else.

Kolzilla

Sponsor
May 20, 2015
88-17-8
28-80-43
24-29-21
22-26-16

6-74
42-3
38-57

Extras: 13,15,27

Send Miro to Hershey. See what happens with Cristall after 5 games.
I like this and I think 28, 13, 29 can all fit in to the 12-14 F spots to start (not 4 line, just the open middle six spots). Vrana comeback story has a chance, Jimi starts on opening night roster, and Cristall gets a 9 game stint. If 28 can't stick, send him back to juniors, call up Miro after sending Cristall back, and everyone wins imo.

Reactions: Misery74

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I think we can all agree he has no business playing in the juniors this year. He is clearly graduated.
Disagree. The 9 games will tell that more than what he’s doing now. Again, these games are against mostly meaningless competition

In a perfect world, he’d be in the AHL full time this year. But those old rules are dumb and need adjust next CBA

Last edited:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Vrana shouldn't stick unless he's outplayed Milano for that spot. One of them in the line-up is good to provide offense, i think i like Milano more for that spot. But Vrana making the roster over Cristall sends the wrong message. AC has clearly outplayed him and they both require baby minutes so it's not like Vrana has the veteran card to play here.

Despite Vrana being a former Cap, this is a business decision. You keep the guys that give you the best chance to win. Vrana still has time to shine but as is, he doesn't seem to have done enough to pass Milano and there is no reason for him to be ahead of Cristall on the depth chart, either.

Even if Cristall is sent down for wrong reasons, if player on a scoring role were to be replaced on the line-up, would you really want to give that spot to Vrana over Miro? I don't.

I do hope Vrana gets a role on another team. Perhaps the Blue Jackets?

43sfriends

Dec 2, 2018
Vrana still has time to shine but as is, he doesn't seem to have done enough to pass Milano and there is no reason for him to be ahead of Cristall on the depth chart, either.

What exactly has Milano shown to be excited about? Sure it's his spot to lose but he's been invisible in these preseason games..

Reactions: Rayquaza64

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
What exactly has Milano shown to be excited about? Sure it's his spot to lose but he's been invisible in these preseason games..

Good last season?

Like you said, it's his spot to lose. And for a reason.

I don't think he has done enough to lose it or Vrana done enough to win it. The head start for Milano was that big to begin with.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Gonna be kind of boring if they decide to hang on to Sgarbossa/Bear, release Vrana from his PTO and send Cristall back...

Reactions: Holtbyisms

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Vrana has to displace someone. For a guy like that it isn’t about being good enough. He needs to force someone out of lineup. Outside of the Cap navigation for opening lineup to max cap out, I am ok if Vrana is 13 or 14F (which would mean only 7 Dee).

Tarik will be back to juniors and I don’t think we’ll see him play again. He is here for practice and soaking up a bit of pro life.

I think we’ll see starters Monday night to see how things stack up. The team and individual performances will dictate what they do in final preseason game next Saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad