GDT: Caps @ Jets Mar 22/13 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vladiator16*

palin-undefeated2.png

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
We must start so well the Airplanes don't even think about winning, just like the day before :yo:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
They are going to see Ovi sporting his new haircut in pregame and be wondering if it is them who he is going to destroying later on.

I want Volpat in tonight

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Its funny how different we look with Orlov and Oleksy in the lineup, 2 noobs.

We had a LD stickhandle through 3 guys.

George Oates and I, and actually probably all fans were thrilled. I think Orlov can learn to play that left side and quite frankly, our lack of offense from LD almost mandates he be tried there.

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
OV looked good last night but he needs to do that every night to be worth his contract.

Green being in the lineup is magic. When he plays this team looks much better. Even if he doesn't produce.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I was wondering the same myself. I sure hope its Hillen over Team O

Just for the record
ovechkin-big-hit1.gif

ovechkin-big-hit2.gif

Both clean hits. The injury on the bottom one may have been the left leg on landing?

I think Kane's hit on Green was retaliation for Ovehckin taking out a Jet rather than late game shenanigans, and Green was an existing target for injury. /obvious?

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Green being in the lineup is magic. When he plays this team looks much better. Even if he doesn't produce.

He needs to stop trying to make the pretty plays though. The one where he joins the rush, takes the puck deep and fans on the shot had me steaming. Way too nonchalant. Someone needs to smack him upside the head and wake him up. A little urgency please, Green.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
The thing I love about AO's hits is that he hurts people with clean hits, not just bumps them a la Brooksy. That's what a physical presence is. And this is what we need Volpatti for!

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Lost in Time and Space
He needs to stop trying to make the pretty plays though. The one where he joins the rush, takes the puck deep and fans on the shot had me steaming. Way too nonchalant. Someone needs to smack him upside the head and wake him up. A little urgency please, Green.

Green looks nonchalant because he's so damn smooth.

1st game back in a while and fanned on a shot. Not the end of the world.

He's an impact player and there is no doubt the team looks much better with him.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010

He's an impact player and there is no doubt the team looks much better with him.

I know, I like him. A lot. But I feel like he was way too nonchalant before the injury kept him out as well. The guy is a hell of a player, no doubt. Just would like to see some urgency on his part.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Lost in Time and Space
I know, I like him. A lot. But I feel like he was way too nonchalant before the injury kept him out as well. The guy is a hell of a player, no doubt. Just would like to see some urgency on his part.

Again I think its an optical illusion. Alot of good players don't look like they are showing much urgency. Larry Murphy, Gonchar, Chris Pronger etc all looked like this alot as well.

Liberati0n*

Green is definitely nonchalant. He takes way too long to make decisions with the puck. He does it on the PP all the time, and it's what holds his PP game back from being even more better than Carlson's.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Again I think its an optical illusion. Alot of good players don't look like they are showing much urgency. Larry Murphy, Gonchar, Chris Pronger etc all looked like this alot as well.

Scott Niedermayer, too. And Matthieu Schneider and Brian Campbell, to some extent. The super-smooth, naturally gifted skaters.

Orlov, on the other hand, man, I don't know if he's just rusty, but I saw him take about ten strides last night to get from center ice back to faceoff circle while chasing a dumped puck. And don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I like his hitting. But maybe not a naturally gifted skater. I still have visions of him getting torched last year by CHI's Stallberg. Was not a fair race.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Green is definitely nonchalant. He takes way too long to make decisions with the puck. He does it on the PP all the time, and it's what holds his PP game back from being even more better than Carlson's.

:shakehead

Why can't we say "more better" when we can say "much better"?

Grammar's Response
We can't modify a comparative adjective with the comparative adverb "more" — mostly because it doesn't tell us anything that the comparative adjective wouldn't tell us by itself. Let's say I heat a substance on the stove. The substance is now hotter than it was before. And then I heat it some more. I have made it hotter, not more hotter (i.e., the "more" doesn't add anything to the comparison). However, if I want to intensify the process somehow, I can say that I made the substance "much hotter." In the same manner, I can say either that "Joe is taller than his brother," and if Joe grows over the summer, I can say that "Joe is now much taller than his brother," but not that he is "more taller." Also, "Sarah was beautiful last year" and now "She is even more beautiful" (but there is no way to impose a second comparison upon the comparative "more beautiful"). :teach:

:laugh: Just had to do it to our resident Grammar Police Officer. I'm sure I'll now be closely scrutinized.

Halpysback*

There's smooth and then there's lackadaisically skating and reaching for pucks like you're stoned out of your mind.

If Green had a high level of intensity and disciprine he'd be a top 10 defenseman and probably have significantly fewer injuries.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
That Green flub or whiff is almost becoming too common though

That simply didn't happen in 2009-2010

Of course what did happen was he was bum rushed and horribly played the puck on what proved to be the GWG in game 7. He is still finding himself. The best part of Oleksy, he is already there and we didnt have to go through 10 years of growing pains.

I think George should target more Dmen in their later 20's on the cheap, that just may need a change of scenery, new coach etc.

Want to know where Sarge's optimal place is in the lineup?

:teach:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Scott Niedermayer, too. And Matthieu Schneider and Brian Campbell, to some extent. The super-smooth, naturally gifted skaters.

Orlov, on the other hand, man, I don't know if he's just rusty, but I saw him take about ten strides last night to get from center ice back to faceoff circle while chasing a dumped puck. And don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I like his hitting. But maybe not a naturally gifted skater. I still have visions of him getting torched last year by CHI's Stallberg. Was not a fair race.

Stalberg would torch just about anyone on the Caps right now, save perhaps Johansson. That kid has some serious wheels.

Related, it's sad that Ovechkin and Chimera can't burn past people the way they used to. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad