Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
rFJ7NYT.png

New third jerseys

No thanks

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
The color scheme is better. The reverse retro was primarily a shade of red with the eagle on it. I thought it was okay but this one has a slick design and callout to the old Winter Classic jerseys.

capsdom86

May 28, 2015
I like them. Surprised to hear they will start wearing them so soon, thought they were being teed-up for next season.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Anyone know how many Offensive zone penalties we've taken out of the 24 minors so far? And who?
Seem like it's been a lot, didn't know if that's a searchable stat anywherez

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Found the answer to my own question...
8 of the 24 minors were O-zone penalties [/cue Dale head shake Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad]

Gm.1 (WSH 6 BUF 4) GAME 0006
none (Dowd had a neutral zone minor)

Gm.2 (WSH 2 BUF 1) GAME 0017
1st 10:23 Sheary (Tripping)

Gm.3 (WSH 3 PIT 4 SO) GAME 0035
1st 04:57 Jensen (Tripping)
2nd 19:39 Kuznetsoz (Tripping)
3rd 04:21 Wilson (Slashing)
(Oshie had a neutral zone minor)

Gm.4 (WSH 4 PIT 5 OT) GAME 0050
none (Oshie had a neutral zone minor)

Gm.5 (WSH 4 BUF 3 SO) GAME 0067
3rd 04:53 Oshie (Hooking)

Gm.6 (WSH 3 BUF 4 SO) GAME 0082
1st 15:21 McMichael (Hooking)
2nd 08:20 Chara (Tripping)
3rd 06:03 Dowd (Crosscheck)

Anyone know how many Offensive zone penalties we've taken out of the 24 minors so far? And who?
Seem like it's been a lot, didn't know if that's a searchable stat anywherez

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Blasphemy I know, but I'm thinking we might play the Isles better this week without Ovie and Kuzy than with them. Instead of defensively indifferent, episodically engaged high-skill team vs try-hards, it will be try-hards vs try-hards. As evidenced by our last two first-round playoff exits, this team's ability to match up with committed try-hards has been pretty underwhelming. Here's hoping this will be a teachable moment for Ovie and Kuzy.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Blasphemy I know, but I'm thinking we might play the Isles better this week without Ovie and Kuzy than with them. Instead of defensively indifferent, episodically engaged high-skill team vs try-hards, it will be try-hards vs try-hards. As evidenced by our last two first-round playoff exits, this team's ability to match up with committed try-hards has been pretty underwhelming. Here's hoping this will be a teachable moment for Ovie and Kuzy.

This thing has an interesting dynamic. I too on one hand really wanted Ovy an Co to take some heat internally (presumably from losses during this stretch), but instead we’ve managed to do ok. Kinda feels like the lesson learned should be “next man up, doesn’t matter who you are” (and we can get by without you if you’re not buying in).

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I dunno, feels like we may be due for getting our asses handed to us. Isles seem as good a bet as ever to do just that. Cap killer Brock Nelson incoming

Last edited:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I dunno, feels like we may be due for our getting our asses handed to us. Isles seem as good a bet as ever to do just that. Cap killer Brock Nelson incoming
Oh yeah. This is their first regulation loss incoming, I'd almost bet on it.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
New jerseys are some winter classic garbage. Bring back the white jerseys with the screaming eagle as the 3rd.

Last edited:
Reactions: max21

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Thinking we get a real glimpse into how much of a difference a coach like Lavy can make by seeing what the Caps minus the COVID 4 and Wilson can do against an OCD structure team like the Isles.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
So we are going to see four different sweaters in 56 games and adds on the helmets?? It’s turning into the minor leagues.
Well, it’s either that or a salary cap that drops by 10% or whatever next season.

which would you rather have? Preserve the “sanctity” of their uniforms? Or the “sanctity” of their rosters?

I will take preserving the rosters, 100 out of 100

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Well, it’s either that or a salary cap that drops by 10% or whatever next season.

which would you rather have? Preserve the “sanctity” of their uniforms? Or the “sanctity” of their rosters?

I will take preserving the rosters, 100 out of 100
This.

Plus, in my opinion, anything is better than their normal home/away's. I'm all for spicing it up as much as possible.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast

I hope you're right but the reality is both games went to a shootout. It's good that we got 3 of 4 points but we were playing Buffalo. That's not the same as playing the Isles, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad