Post-Game Talk: Capitals 3 @ Canucks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Just put Sutter back with the Twins, Vrbata looks like corpse out there and he's not even working at it anymore.

Vrbata was fine. Once he starts scoring he will get a bunch, that line generated chances and held onto possession pretty well.

Also, kid line is bad and it needs to not be anymore. Poor Horvat looks like he's dragging two body bags up the ice every damn shift.

Give Bo back Hansen, I thought Hansen and Sutter did nothing offensively so breaking them up won't matter.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
been saying this literally all year long, this team is not a home team they're tailor made to play on the road. Was at the game tonight, thought we played okay, lost a close game against a great team, meh.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
We have absolutely 0 line chemistry. The only line that looked half decent tonight was the Sedins. But they got tired in the 3rd.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Hansen Horvat Burrows
Baertschi Sutter Virtanen
Dorsett McCann Prust

try this lines next time WD. I am sick of doing your job btw.

Virtanen is an NHL player. He looked good out there. I am not so sure if Baertschi is an NHL player though. Higgins will take his spot. He is just like Bo last year, glimpses of mad skill, but this guy can throw heavy hits. He was the only player on the Canucks that made their d feel it, too bad he didn't play much. I was at the game and had a good view of the ice. Trust me.

EDIT:

Hell lets go with this:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Hansen Horvat Burrows
Baertschi McCann Virtanen
Dorsett Sutter Prust

WD going to bench those kids anyways ffs might as well put them on one line.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Absolutely appalling player usage and ice time distribution tonight.

Just completely horrendous. How we've gone from "1-2-3-4" WillieD to, "1-2-4-you're too young to play real good" is just extremely frustrating right now.

Even falling down a goal late, who is next up? The 4th line again, minus the young goal-scoring Center.

I totally get being "careful" with young players, and leaning on Vets in certain situations. But that's not what WillieD is doing right now. He's just throwing a blanket strategy out there of "barely play the kids in the 1st, two shifts in the 2nd and then ride the pine for the entire rest of the night". And it appears to be completely regardless of the score situation, or the play of the involved players.

If he's not gonna play the kids in the situations they need to suceed (or frankly, play them at all really)...just send them back. Irritating, as they've shown a surprising ability to compete at this level in their very very limited opportunities.

Ultimately, WillieD is going to have to learn to deal with the ups and downs of developing young players, or he's gotta go. This team needs contributions from young players...and at some point, they're going to have to break in and play real, significant roles for this team. And there are going to be growing pains along the way, because that's how young players work.

Kind of wishing we could send WillieD back to Junior until he's a bit older and we can trust him more. :sarcasm:

Tonight just really pissed me off, watching the way he handled his bench. It's hard to make a lot of real comments outside of that, because it's such a massive glaring issue right front and center in everything.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Since WD will play Dorsett and Prust mad minutes might as well put our big acquisition between them (Sutter). They are after all the stars on the team.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Absolutely appalling player usage and ice time distribution tonight.

Just completely horrendous. How we've gone from "1-2-3-4" WillieD to, "1-2-4-you're too young to play real good" is just extremely frustrating right now.

Even falling down a goal late, who is next up? The 4th line again, minus the young goal-scoring Center.

I totally get being "careful" with young players, and leaning on Vets in certain situations. But that's not what WillieD is doing right now. He's just throwing a blanket strategy out there of "barely play the kids in the 1st, two shifts in the 2nd and then ride the pine for the entire rest of the night". And it appears to be completely regardless of the score situation, or the play of the involved players.

If he's not gonna play the kids in the situations they need to suceed (or frankly, play them at all really)...just send them back. Irritating, as they've shown a surprising ability to compete at this level in their very very limited opportunities.

Ultimately, WillieD is going to have to learn to deal with the ups and downs of developing young players, or he's gotta go. This team needs contributions from young players...and at some point, they're going to have to break in and play real, significant roles for this team. And there are going to be growing pains along the way, because that's how young players work.

Kind of wishing we could send WillieD back to Junior until he's a bit older and we can trust him more. :sarcasm:

Tonight just really pissed me off, watching the way he handled his bench. It's hard to make a lot of real comments outside of that, because it's such a massive glaring issue right front and center in everything.

No ****. What happened to playing the kids until they got scored on? These goals going in are against our veteran lines, on ****** line changes.

It also makes sense to play Dorsett and Prust a lot because we want to miss the playoffs for better picks. That might be the angle.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Vrbata was fine. Once he starts scoring he will get a bunch, that line generated chances and held onto possession pretty well.

Give Bo back Hansen, I thought Hansen and Sutter did nothing offensively so breaking them up won't matter.

Vrbata was horrid. The goal he 'scored' basically went off him and in. He cost the 3rd goal against. He literally has no effort, no care, no defensive ability.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Yeah. Agreed on both points.

I didn't mind Vrbata's game with the Twins tonight. He played with them, like Vrbata plays with the Sedins. It makes them a bit "softer" and a bit more of a pure "skill line", but they generated some chances and were alright outside of some instances of looking like they're not quite on the same page (wonder why that might be??? perhaps not playing together???). ;)

Hansen on Horvat's RW seems like a fit to me, if they're not gonna play "the kids" at all.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
We have bigger passengers than Burrows right now. At least he earned his contract.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
not that i care much, but dorsett and prust are both going to burn out around december if they keep playing the same third period minutes as the sedin twins

desjardins' deployment tactics has the unique ability to make me hate players that i would otherwise enjoy watching if they were playing in their proper role

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
been saying this literally all year long, this team is not a home team they're tailor made to play on the road. Was at the game tonight, thought we played okay, lost a close game against a great team, meh.

If this team is a road team then they should be just as good at home since the other team has last change anywhere Willie plays.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
We're a road team until we make the playoffs. Then we are frightened by the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad