Friedman: Canucks will offer big money but short term to mystery ufa (possibly Carlson)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I hope it isn't E.Kane.

lol.

I know he's doing well but he's always been streaky and watching EIchel break his back to give him all those goals. Also EIchel's production went up 25 percent without Kane.

WE SAY GOOD RIDDANCE JUST LIKE THE JETS DID.

AND SOON THE SHARKS WILL WHEN THERE SWEPT AND HE TAKES 1,000 PENALTIES.

I hope anyway. He's getting way too much credit right now in the media. He's a cancer.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Kane truly is happy being away from the spotlight outside the rink where he is free to do what he wants, then going to Vancouver makes no sense.

Media would be the worse he has faced in his career.

He will get paid somewhere. Might as well go some place where the hockey culture isn’t old school in terms of how hey expect players to act.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
Lucic - Bozak - Gagner
Goldobin - Sutter - Virtanen
Eriksson - Gaunce - Martin
ex. Leipsic - Motte

Edler - Tanev
Pouliot - Green
MDZ - Gudbranson
ex. Hutton

Markstrom
Nilsson

Bozak 5Mx3Yrs
Green 9Mx2Yrs
Lucic 750K retained + 2018 2nd for Granlund
Matt Martin for future considerations

Last edited:

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Oilers fan giving the Canucks grief for being bad for a few years even after the Oilers missed the plaoyffs for a decade? It took them how many 1OA picks to turn the ship only to have Chia punt it all away? Please, the Eriksson contract is better for the Canucks than the Lucic contract is for the Oilers, the Canucks probably wouldn't trade 1 for 1 as Eriksson is off the books a year sooner.
I was with you , everything you said is correct... then I turned to the left and saw your member photo...... lol no they wont. Sorry about that bud.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
31 isn't that young to be looking for a new contract, I think Carlsson passes on that.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Lucic - Bozak - Gagner
Eriksson - Gaunce - Dorsett
ex. Leipsic - Motte

Edler - Tanev
Pouliot - Green
MDZ - Gudbranson
ex. Hutton

Markstrom
Nilsson

Bozak 5Mx3Yrs
Green 9Mx2Yrs
Glad you aren't our GM

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Not even sure why they'd go 3 years. Sign Carlsson to 10M+ for 1 year, give him the chance to go to a contender at the deadline, and retain salary to make it work. Rinse, repeat.

Feb 24, 2017
Lucic - Bozak - Gagner
Eriksson - Gaunce - Dorsett
ex. Leipsic - Motte

Edler - Tanev
Pouliot - Green
MDZ - Gudbranson
ex. Hutton

Markstrom
Nilsson

Bozak 5Mx3Yrs
Green 9Mx2Yrs
Derek Dorsett is a retired former Canadian professional ice hockey player.

member 105785

I was with you , everything you said is correct... then I turned to the left and saw your member photo...... lol no they wont. Sorry about that bud.

What does my member photo have to do with this? I realize you only joined HF this season, but every playoff team used to make playoff themed avatars and Vancouver 2013's playoff theme was "The Next Dynasty" with bad players cycling in as a gif, however this board no longer supports gifs as profile pictures I guess, so now it's just a long gone relic of the past, it used to have Zack Kassian's picture next with the phrase "The Kassassin" or something, then maybe an Avengers joke? That might have been 2012 though, I don't remember. I know 2011 was "Deal With It" as goofy Canuck pictures had glasses drop from the sky onto their faces, that one was great.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Also note,

Friedman mentions the Canucks are also looking into obtaining bad contracts in exchange for assets and or draft picks.

If I were the Leafs (and Vancouver was willing), I'd give a long, hard thought of either:

To Van:
Nathan Horton
1st 2018
Josh Leivo
Connor Carrick
Andrew Nielsen

To TOR:
Zack MacEwen
AHL Contract(s)

or

To Van:
Martin
Leivo
3rd

To Tor:
Brendan Gaunce

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Maybe Karlsson even. It doesn't make any sense though. You are basically overpaying a player to ruin your draft unless you catch lightning in a bottle.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
If I were the Leafs (and Vancouver was willing), I'd give a long, hard thought of either:

To Van:
Nathan Horton
1st 2018
Josh Leivo
Connor Carrick
Andrew Nielsen

To TOR:
Zack MacEwen
AHL Contract(s)

or

To Van:
Martin
Leivo
3rd

To Tor:
Brendan Gaunce

What???? Leivo, Carrick, Neilson are not bad contracts. They make so little that they don't affect the cap even if they are sent to the Marlies. Horton, is on LTIR. LTIR don't hurt a teams cap, but they help decide if a team pays performance bonuses in the current year or can be carried over to the next year. Hardly worth a first rounder. Yea Martin might hurt the cap by about 1.5m (1m for his replacement) but probably not worth Leivo who could be regular next year and a third rounder. If Gaunce could play in the NHL....yea it's a deal.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Because there's 0 evidence this is true, and no mention of who it would be.
Not even sure why they'd go 3 years. Sign Carlsson to 10M+ for 1 year, give him the chance to go to a contender at the deadline, and retain salary to make it work. Rinse, repeat.

He could get $10m in cash next year on a 7/8 year deal, the first years are going to be front loaded.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

To Van:
Nathan Horton
1st 2018
Josh Leivo
Connor Carrick
Andrew Nielsen

To TOR:
Zack MacEwen
AHL Contract(s)

or

To Van:
Martin
Leivo
3rd

To Tor:
Brendan Gaunce

Absolutely horrible for Toronto. Can't the trade be more fair to both sides?

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
An important consideration in the potential 2020 lockout. NO player is going to sign a short term deal with an impending lockout.

A long-term front loaded contract (tons of signing bonuses aka guaranteed money) is what every major free agent wants with a lockout around the corner.

The next collective bargaining agreement could affect contract structure. The NHL is going hard against contract length, signing bonuses, and trade clauses. I'm betting at least 1 of those 3 items is changed in favour of the NHL.

On top of risk of injury/poor performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad