Canucks vs Kings blueline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which one?

• Total voters

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Canucks, but really neither. Canucks need Hughes to redo that season because there’s not a lot of good players there aside from him. Kings have a few young guys, but they will probably play the least and the other four are an injured Doughty and averageness or mediocrity.

Reactions: wetcoast and PuckG

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Canucks defense is paper thin.

Hughes reached a new level last season but it's unreasonable to expect him to duplicate a Norris winning season.

Hronek had a career year but fell off hard in the second half.

Even if both play just as well as they did in the first half of last season, the guys behind them inspire very little confidence beyond Soucy.

I think the Kings unit is stronger defensively as a whole.

Reactions: Phrasing

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Canucks defense is paper thin.

Hughes reached a new level last season but it's unreasonable to expect him to duplicate a Norris winning season.

Hronek had a career year but fell off hard in the second half.

Even if both play just as well as they did in the first half of last season, the guys behind them inspire very little confidence beyond Soucy.

I think the Kings unit is stronger defensively as a whole.
Kings unit is stronger in general as a whole

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Canucks, but really neither. Canucks need Hughes to redo that season because there’s not a lot of good players there aside from him. Kings have a few young guys, but they will probably play the least and the other four are an injured Doughty and averageness or mediocrity.
I gave you a like but also think that the 2 groups might actually look pretty decent at the end of the season with everyone healthy and Clarke has alot of room for growth in LA.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kings are deeper, but Hughes pretty much singlehandedly swings it the other way.

Worst kept secret in the world, that the Canucks are clearly going to be deadline shopping for a defence upgrade, and probably a big one.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Kings are deeper, but Hughes pretty much singlehandedly swings it the other way.

Worst kept secret in the world, that the Canucks are clearly going to be deadline shopping for a defence upgrade, and probably a big one.
Plus depending on how well Willander plays and if the Nucks make playoffs, he could end up being a darkhorse impact like McAvoy for the Bruins after he signed his contract.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I gave you a like but also think that the 2 groups might actually look pretty decent at the end of the season with everyone healthy and Clarke has alot of room for growth in LA.
I feel the Kings need Clarke to become a 2D because I don't see one (maybe even no 3D) and Doughty is injured and getting older anyway. Will that happen this season? Seems optimistic, especially given they tend to overcook their young players and don't give them an immediate chance to become the leaders.

I like the Canucks top 4, but the bottom pair looks bad, and they will need to strengthen that to be a serious Cup contender.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I feel the Kings need Clarke to become a 2D because I don't see one (maybe even no 3D) and Doughty is injured and getting older anyway. Will that happen this season? Seems optimistic, especially given they tend to overcook their young players and don't give them an immediate chance to become the leaders.

That's fair because as I was thinking about this thread my first thought was didn't LA have one of the best defensive and overall prospect pipelines a short while ago and they seemed to have been less than expected so far.

Clarke I think can be a very good NHL Dman but I'm not sure if he will be this year.

Good test for him though if Doughty is out.
I like the Canucks top 4, but the bottom pair looks bad, and they will need to strengthen that to be a serious Cup contender.
Willander might help there in April.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Plus depending on how well Willander plays and if the Nucks make playoffs, he could end up being a darkhorse impact like McAvoy for the Bruins after he signed his contract.

It's certainly possible. But i wouldn't count on it. I think they'll pretty clearly be looking for a significant upgrade in the form of a proven veteran somewhere by the deadline. Even if Willander is showing well and looking like he belongs in the NHL.

I'd wager, barring injury situations and whatnot...they'll actually probably be looking for a LHD upgrade anyway. Get the impression that they're actually fairly content with Hronek-Myers-Desharnais down the Right Side. Might be tough for Willander to even get a look, if they're all healthy down the stretch. Though i think they'll try to make some games for him and "rest" others just to get a gauge on where he's at as a potential playoff depth option should they need it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad