GDT: Canucks Training Camp Thread | Sept. 18th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Hoglander made the transition from SHL directly to the NHL as a 20 year old (same age as Lekk), and had a pretty good rookie season. Lekkerimaki is way ahead of Hoglander as a 20 year old - as in Lekk was by far the best player on his team, and probly the best goal scorer in the SHL as a 19 year old - he scored 16.5% of the teams goals on a bad Orebro squad. By that metric, he was the best goal scorer in the league. One of the best U20 players of all time, so he has an excellent chance to make the team.

And we wound up sending him back down for a whole season because he very clearly couldn't handle the NHL level at 20. If anything, Hoglander and even Podkolzin, are examples why we shouldn't be rushing prospects.

If Lekkerimaki lights the world on fire, sure, give him a 9 game look and see what happens. It's very unlikely he does that though.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
undersized snipers are a fast ripening fruit and the canucks have cap challenges. if he can produce in camp or in the ahl i think he can knock the door down. his problem will be defence. he will get looks but he won't stick unless he plays it or unless the canucks have injury problems.

his fate will also be influenced by sprong's performance. if that experiment does not work out things open up a bit for offensive call ups to stay on the roster.

He doesn’t really help the cap situation though. He’d likely be stealing Hoglander or Sprong’s spot and they make relative peanuts. Next year it would be very beneficial obviously.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I think I am going to purchase some tickets for my family and I for next weekends training camp in Penticton. Only 45 mins away and could be a nice afternoon to get a taste of what's ahead this year for the Canucks. I haven't been this excited for Canucks hockey for quite sometime. I love it.
You will be surpised at how relaxing it is watching it..

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
And we wound up sending him back down for a whole season because he very clearly couldn't handle the NHL level at 20. If anything, Hoglander and even Podkolzin, are examples why we shouldn't be rushing prospects.

If Lekkerimaki lights the world on fire, sure, give him a 9 game look and see what happens. It's very unlikely he does that though.
The 9 games thing is for 18 and 19-year-olds. If Lekkerimaki is ready he can play as many NHL games as we'd like without it impacting his contract status.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Didn't know where to post this. I was going through some old stuff and found a Henrik Sedin rookie card!
20240908_162807.jpg
20240908_173719.jpg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I wonder if Boeser may seek a UFA opportunity with an Atlantic division team where the amount of time flying is significantly less. Especially if his doctor’s believe the blood clotting is related to the amount of time flying.
If Boeser indeed has 'blood-clotting' issues from the amount of time he spends flying, then Houston, we have a problem. The longest flight for an NHL team like the Canucks, is no more than five yours. I mean it's not like these guys are flying to Fiji, Japan or Australia.

Boeser is a UFA at the end of this upcoming season.....and even if he comes close to 40 goals again this season (unlikely) then the Canucks are in a tough spot. Do they re-up him with a raise on his current $6.650m salary; trade him; or let him walk in free agency? The latter is likely to never happen with Allvin and Rutherford at the helm.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
If Boeser indeed has 'blood-clotting' issues from the amount of time he spends flying, then Houston, we have a problem. The longest flight for an NHL team like the Canucks, is no more than five yours. I mean it's not like these guys are flying to Fiji, Japan or Australia.

Boeser is a UFA at the end of this upcoming season.....and even if he comes close to 40 goals again this season (unlikely) then the Canucks are in a tough spot. Do they re-up him with a raise on his current $6.650m salary; trade him; or let him walk in free agency? The latter is likely to never happen with Allvin and Rutherford at the helm.
Stay tuned for next hours episode of

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

flying is not an inherent danger when it comes to blood clotting. the danger is flying and then wearing tight pants and not moving. if he is wearing loose clothing and is walking around or just moving his body, it's fine.

source: close one developed blood clots from plane ride and this was what the dr told us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad