GDT: Canucks Training Camp Thread | Sept. 18th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Clown didnt say what provoked Sprong so he can just stop being a big giant passive aggressive puxxy and except the fact he picked something with the wrong guy who wasn't accepting his BS.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Why does our powerplay even suck?

Either the coaching staff or the players themselves are far too static and determined to make set plays when it's blatantly obvious teams have figured them out. Which of the two (or both) need to be willing to adapt on the fly so that things don't become predictable.

Pettersson also needs to be told to shot more. For whatever reason, he wasn't nearly as aggressive when that's been his M.O on the powerplay for a while now.

Reactions: Coffees

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Either the coaching staff or the players themselves are far too static and determined to make set plays when it's blatantly obvious teams have figured them out. Which of the two (or both) need to be willing to adapt on the fly so that things don't become predictable.

Pettersson also needs to be told to shot more. For whatever reason, he wasn't nearly as aggressive when that's been his M.O on the powerplay for a while now.
Last question while I have you here, Can Lekkerimaki be a player that get's 20-30 points on the powerplay eventually?

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
My bold prediction is that the Canucks PK finishes in the top 25% of the league.
Not bold at all, I think a lot of people here have faith in our PK playing close to leagues best. Now bold would be saying our powerplay finishes top 25%.

I don’t care how the powerplay is in the first half of the season , I just hope it gets hot when the weathers hot

Reactions: arttk

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Not bold at all, I think a lot of people here have faith in our PK playing close to leagues best. Now bold would be saying our powerplay finishes top 25%.

I don’t care how the powerplay is in the first half of the season , I just hope it gets hot when the weathers hot

For a team that has flirted with the worst PK in history it would be huge for this group to turn that into a strength. I think they need a right handed centre and Demko to stay relatively healthy and they could do it.

The PP on the other hand... I just don't see it unless Pettersson gets comfortable asserting himself and fires a lot of shots. Once he does that lots of passing options will open up for him.

Edit: is Tocchet still running the PP??

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
For a team that has flirted with the worst PK in history it would be huge for this group to turn that into a strength. I think they need a right handed centre and Demko to stay relatively healthy and they could do it.

The PP on the other hand... I just don't see it unless Pettersson gets comfortable asserting himself and fires a lot of shots. Once he does that lots of passing options will open up for him.

Nope not Tocchet anymore, it’s Yogi Svejkovsky

Reactions: Regress2TheMeme

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

I can't find anything where Coach Rick says he will butt out of the PP altogether but he is ceding at least a good deal of it to Yogi.

Švejkovský will coach the power play for the Canucks

In terms of his role, Tocchet confirmed that Švejkovský will “take a big chunk” of the power play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Regress2TheMeme

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I can't find anything where Coach Rick says he will butt out of the PP altogether but he is ceding at least a good deal of it to Yogi.

Švejkovský will coach the power play for the Canucks

In terms of his role, Tocchet confirmed that Švejkovský will “take a big chunk” of the power play.

Seems to me Yogi will be the main guy and Gonchar + Sedins will also be involved as well.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i'm not convinced the power play's problems were coaching

they've lacked a trigger guy who can get his shot off under pressure since horvat was traded. boeser has a good shot but needs space and pettersson and miller just aren't very threatening shooters in static setups. hughes lack of a shot doesn't help either. makes it hard to tempt the defenders to come out to defend it

i dunno who the 4th forward on the power play will be but none of debrusk, garland or joshua are really likely to help fill that role

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
i'm not convinced the power play's problems were coaching

they've lacked a trigger guy who can get his shot off under pressure since horvat was traded. boeser has a good shot but needs space and pettersson and miller just aren't very threatening shooters in static setups. hughes lack of a shot doesn't help either. makes it hard to tempt the defenders to come out to defend it

i dunno who the 4th forward on the power play will be but none of debrusk, garland or joshua are really likely to help fill that role
Does Lekkerimaki have potential to be dangerous on the powerplay?

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I'm hoping Lekk makes the team out of camp because he would improve the power play. He is a right shot, with the left side being his spot on the powerplay at Orebro. Hughes would have a choice to dish to either Pettersson or Lekk, who can both rip one timers. If Lekk starts scoring, then the opposition PK will be forced to move away from Petey, giving him more time for his one timers. All this assuming Lekk would be put on the first unit, but imo he has a better shot than Boeser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad