Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Jake DeBrusk to 7-Year, $5.5M AAV Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dez

Mar 3, 2012
In order for this contract to look good, he needs to level up his game, otherwise this is another middle 6 forward this management group has brought in for big money.

Last edited:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
He turns 28 at the start of the season, so contract length isn't the worst but would have preferred 5 or 6 years. Cap hit a little high though.

I've said before that DeBrusk ticks a lot of boxes for the Canucks. Speed, scoring, defensive play, plays both wings, not afraid to use his body (was very physical this past playoffs). He's just very inconsistent.

However he did lead the Bruins in goals and points this past playoffs. 5 goals, 11 points in 13 games.

Last edited:

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
Just not a very smart hockey player, otherwise he would be a much better player.

I don’t really get it, other than we get faster. I’m keeping an open mind, but meh.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Debrusk is who I wanted once Guentzel was gone. But not at the price and term. Figured he would get that much money for shorter term. Or would get longer term to keep the money down. Surprised Vancouver gave him both

Reactions: MarkMM

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
AFP had him estimated at 5.8. If Zucker got 5.0 this is way better. He's a fast skater that can forecheck. I think he's a great fit, plus he's one of the youngest Free Agents on the market. The term might be a bit on the higher side but people have been saying the team should be weaponizing term to get AAVs lower all off-season so far, now they did and people are still complaining.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I'm good with this deal. With Pettersson he should be able to score around 25-30 per year. Solidifies our top 2 lines and plays a playoff hockey style of game. Lots of goals in front of the net. If he's scoring 25-30 over the next 5 years, the $ per year is going to be a fantastic contract in 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad