Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Daniel Sprong to 1-Year Deal ($975K)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Not my assessment of Sprong as one of the league's best 'value contracts'. That's the assessment of the 'Daily Faceoff' website. And oh by the way, Hoglander also makes their list for obvious reasons.

Research....research....research. For posters it's not hard to do, if you understand how to use 'Google'.

I don't know if "I just train myself on lots of internet and then regurgitate the opinion as my own" is necessarily an ideal comeback to an AI accusation.

• Haha
Reactions: Zarpan and Vector

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I posited this in a thread that I can't quite remember the name of awhile ago to do with Sprong's defensive deficiencies, and possible correlation to nationality. This may be another puzzle piece.

As a Canadian living 4 years in the Netherlands, I have found that by and by large, Dutch consider themselves experts in everything and won't admit weaknesses/nor work on them. They largely refuse to take responsibility for a situation partially or completely of their making and do not acknowledge others at large unless interacting with them. They also remain willfully ignorant of how their actions affect others.

As Sprong is Dutch, I genuinely think that this cultural psyche has hugely impacted his play style. I suspect we see a Sprong this year prone to excellent offensive output, decent defensive play slacking off into laziness; rinse and repeat for 10 game cycles. I hope I am wrong. But this is what I expect. The guy to bloom offensively to get a 2 or 3 year contract out of this season, but not to put the body on the line for the team... or the effort.

Hope I'm wrong.

34i8mi9.jpeg

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
If Sprong keeps doing what he did last game he will stick. In other words, if he scores 82 goals this season, I don't think they will waive him.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't know if "I just train myself on lots of internet and then regurgitate the opinion as my own" is necessarily an ideal comeback to an AI accusation.
Daniel Sprong and Nils Hoglander are on the Daily Faceoff's list of the highest value contracts under the $2 million mark, and it's been up or the past month. Always a good plan to 'look before you leap; or 'regurgitate before you post'.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Ok you got me. I can’t go back as I’m wanted for diamond and ecstasy smuggling. Also Dutch people are tall, the country is flat, and everyone rides those bikes.
Don't forget the clogs and that whole 'finger in the dike' thing that is just...yah know...awkward...

If Sprong keeps doing what he did last game he will stick. In other words, if he scores 82 goals this season, I don't think they will waive him.
Quotes from Tocchet basically confirm that the coaching staff and management have committed to working with him through a few hiccups this season to see what kind of player he can become.

Reactions: Indiana

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Daniel Sprong and Nils Hoglander are on the Daily Faceoff's list of the highest value contracts under the $2 million mark, and it's been up or the past month. Always a good plan to 'look before you leap; or 'regurgitate before you post'.
What?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I posited this in a thread that I can't quite remember the name of awhile ago to do with Sprong's defensive deficiencies, and possible correlation to nationality. This may be another puzzle piece.

As a Canadian living 4 years in the Netherlands, I have found that by and by large, Dutch consider themselves experts in everything and won't admit weaknesses/nor work on them. They largely refuse to take responsibility for a situation partially or completely of their making and do not acknowledge others at large unless interacting with them. They also remain willfully ignorant of how their actions affect others.

As Sprong is Dutch, I genuinely think that this cultural psyche has hugely impacted his play style. I suspect we see a Sprong this year prone to excellent offensive output, decent defensive play slacking off into laziness; rinse and repeat for 10 game cycles. I hope I am wrong. But this is what I expect. The guy to bloom offensively to get a 2 or 3 year contract out of this season, but not to put the body on the line for the team... or the effort.

Hope I'm wrong.
Well that's a post that you just decided to post...

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Quotes from Tocchet basically confirm that the coaching staff and management have committed to working with him through a few hiccups this season to see what kind of player he can be.

Nice to have scoring in the bottom 6, easier to teach defensive responsibilities to a forward than to teach skill as that comes naturally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad