Post-Game Talk: Canucks shutout against the Kings: We need a third line centre

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
The "or" denotes there are two types of slew-foots. One involves using the arm or stick together with a leg sweep or kick while the other is done just with a skate or leg. The former is usually considered to be most dangerous.

[NHL]207772[/NHL]

Ah I see you've already addressed this.

Based on previous incidents this year there seems to be a lot of confusion from fans on the rule. Many seem to think a slewfoot requires an upperbody "push-back".

This is made more of an issue because the league seemingly does nothing when these occur.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That Weise slewfoot was bad. It's really disappointing seeing the team i support and cheer for resorting to the same sort of garbage and goonery that made us universally despise a team like the Bruins.

:dunno:

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Well, I suggested a package involving Horvat. I think you would have to add to the package. Maybe one roster player i.e. Hansen.

From an Oilers' perspective, they get their future number two Big Centre that will play for them next season. They get more of a defensive conscience with a Hansen for the remainder of this season and for the next four seasons (before his limited NTC kicks in).

From a Canucks' perspective, Eberle would add more utility to the Canucks than Hansen for this upcoming season given the emergence of Mike S. and Richardson as being similar type of forwards.

Furthermore, the Oilers can then continue to be bad for Ekblad. It could be a win/win situation for both sides.

I do not see Eberle as being ideal. If you trade Horvat you need a all around talent. Would you have traded Schneider Hansen for Eberle? I wouldnt have, but for Kane it would be a hard choice. Kane is ideal for this team. Would easily trade anyone but top three forwards, Horvat or Tanev.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
rofl Bieksa's quotes:

"After the 1st period or so a lot of their guys were skating around saying 'what's up with you guys tonight?"

Even the Kings were shocked hahahaha

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
rofl Bieksa's quotes:

"After the 1st period or so a lot of their guys were skating around saying 'what's up with you guys tonight?"

Even the Kings were shocked hahahaha

It must have worked if the tactics got inside LA players'/coaches' heads enough they forced Brown to fight, that's rarer than unicorn poop.

donutz0r

Jan 12, 2010
Dallas. Go Canucks!
That Weise slewfoot was bad. It's really disappointing seeing the team i support and cheer for resorting to the same sort of garbage and goonery that made us universally despise a team like the Bruins.

You know, I used to feel the exact same way. I wanted to the team to take the whole "turn the other cheek" approach and the Canucks did that for a long time. Back then, the referees actually called penalties, the Canucks had a lethal PP and as a result, that mantra worked very well for the team.

Sadly, the Boston series changed everything. The refs completely put away their whistles. Holding, hooking, cross-checking the Sedins at every opportunity? No calls. running over the goaltenders? No calls. This was almost three years ago and it has carried-over to today.

It's clear that the team had to start playing a different way. If the referees weren't going to call penalties on the opposition for legitimate infractions, it was time to start defending ourselves. Just like we used our PP as a lethal weapon in the past, we can now use our PK in the same way.

It looks like this team is angry, and I don't blame them. In fact, I like it.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary

I agree. That was completely unnecessary. It's a shame so many on here were defending it. I know Doughty threw a pick but a slewfoot has some seriously damaging potential to the player involved.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
It looks like this team is angry, and I don't blame them. In fact, I like it.

I'm sure a lot of people "like it", until someone suffers a serious career threatening injury as a result.

Other teams gooning it up is no excuse for gooning it up ourselves, when the stakes are so high if someone were to get injured.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I'm sure a lot of people "like it", until someone suffers a serious career threatening injury as a result.

Other teams gooning it up is no excuse for gooning it up ourselves, when the stakes are so high if someone were to get injured.

Did you really think we were "gooning" it up? I think we were playing tough honest hockey the way it should be played. Sure Sestito Jumped Nolan and I Bet the LA players are not even mad about that they are probably more embarrassed by Nolan not dropping the mitts. Aside from that I didn't think we were playing reckless at all.. Just good tough Canadian hockey.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Did you really think we were "gooning" it up? I think we were playing tough honest hockey the way it should be played. Sure Sestito Jumped Nolan and I Bet the LA players are not even mad about that they are probably more embarrassed by Nolan not dropping the mitts. Aside from that I didn't think we were playing reckless at all.. Just good tough Canadian hockey.

I'm talking about Sestito repeatedly punching Nolan and Weise's slew foot. Those actions should not be applauded or encouraged no matter what LA was doing.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
I'm talking about Sestito repeatedly punching Nolan and Weise's slew foot. Those actions should not be applauded or encouraged no matter what LA was doing.

I'm not poring over this thread but I haven't seen anyone applauding Weise's slew foot.

Although with the level of vitriol directed at Doughty I guess you could get into some serious hair splitting on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad