Post-Game Talk: Canucks shutout again; Hello Again Kesler Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

I notice there has been no official GDT so I thought I would post this thread as a temporary measure subject to how the Mods wish to deal with it.

Canucks at Coyotes - Tuesday March 4 6PM - LIVE ON SNET-P RADIO: 1040

Canucks.com Tale of the Tape:
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=707469&navid=DL|VAN|home

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
Torts: "Luongo starts tonight. Daniel will be out for a while. I'm not going to get into specifics of his injury."

Game day morning skate underway in Phoenix. No Daniel Sedin on the ice.

Bh512y8IYAAhL-t.jpg

HMMMM... stands look as full as if it is a regular game in Glendale.

Luongo: "I feel good and I'm ready. This is the biggest game of the year for us."

Kesler: "My focus is getting the two points tonight. It's a huge game for us."

Last edited by a moderator:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Lu starts tonight? Wow, Tortz is a bigger pos than i thought for not starting him in the heritage classic then, unless some potential trade fell through in that time.

If Lu/Kes aren't scratched at game time, then MG is a bigger moron than I thought and I want him gone.

This game will be incredibly uncomfortable to watch with the trade deadline stuff going on. I bet most of the team is off tonight aside from Lu and Kes.

PRNuck

May 20, 2009
Calgary
Lu starts tonight? Wow, Tortz is a bigger pos than i thought for not starting him in the heritage classic then, unless some potential trade fell through in that time.

If Lu/Kes aren't scratched at game time, then MG is a bigger moron than I thought and I want him gone.

This game will be incredibly uncomfortable to watch with the trade deadline stuff going on. I bet most of the team is off tonight aside from Lu and Kes.

Agreed.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I'm totally indifferent here. A win and get one tiny step closer in a fool's hope for a playoff spot. A loss to a team we're directly in competition with for that 8th seed and we get closer to that high draft pick to kickstart the rebuild, a more valuable prize than the 8th seed in my opinion.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Agreed. Although lately I have questions about the intelligence of our management.

A guy like Kesler wouldn't like being scratched in the middle of a playoff push. The chances of him getting injured are a lot lower than the chances of him being upset if he was scratched and then didn't get traded because the offers weren't good enough.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
A guy like Kesler wouldn't like being scratched in the middle of a playoff push. The chances of him getting injured are a lot lower than the chances of him being upset if he was scratched and then didn't get traded because the offers weren't good enough.

You lost me at playoff push. We'll have to agree to disagree.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
The coach and the players will think there's a chance until they're actually eliminated. They're competitive athletes and it's their job to perform their best every single game.

I agree the team is not going give up the playoff push.....I think only fans don't see any hope in playoffs......if they continue to win even post deadline there a slight chance. Don't think players on the team will consider sucking to hope not make playoffs

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The coach and the players will think there's a chance until they're actually eliminated. They're competitive athletes and it's their job to perform their best every single game.

They are also human and not living in a fantasy land either. They wouldn't be the first team to realize their done before officially being eliminated. I have seen this team quit before the final horn enough times to know better.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hornbæk
I agree the team is not going give up the playoff push.....I think only fans don't see any hope in playoffs......if they continue to win even post deadline there a slight chance. Don't think players on the team will consider sucking to hope not make playoffs

In all honesty I don't care if we finish 8th or first, as long as we push come po time.

Still don't know where I stand, I think this team needs something to happen.

Very vague, I know, but thats how I feel.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
yeah if we win and continue to win next few games playoff push is higher

Always helps :laugh:

From my perspective: with the way they are playing they don't have a chance; given the three teams they are competing with for that last spot - I think they do have a chance.

But it all goes back to how they are playing unfortunately :(

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Always helps :laugh:

From my perspective: with the way they are playing they don't have a chance; given the three teams they are competing with for that last spot - I think they do have a chance.

But it all goes back to how they are playing unfortunately :(

well if they start to play better they could get in.......I think LA king in 2012 was also in a simlar situation fighting for a spot

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Why? He went with the hot hand for a bit, but after a 3 goal game he goes back to the team's starter. That's generally how these things work, regardless of what stadium you're playing in.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
people need to get over Lack over Luongo and Kelser is still playing because there a chance. Moulson still play even though he rumour to be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad