Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek to 8y/7.25m Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
30 years old, 7 years left (including this one) at 6.25M. That's a scary contract to have.

6.25M for Weegar is peanuts. Even if he crashes at 35 you've only got 2 years left probably some decent buy out options. Weegar is a legit top pairing d-man and short of a ransom I don't think he'll get plucked from Calgary.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
6.25M for Weegar is peanuts. Even if he crashes at 35 you've only got 2 years left probably some decent buy out options. Weegar is a legit top pairing d-man and short of a ransom I don't think he'll get plucked from Calgary.
Well that’s the thing, we don’t know if he’ll drop off at 33 or 35. He could shorten our window by a lot.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Well that’s the thing, we don’t know if he’ll drop off at 33 or 35. He could shorten our window by a lot.

The drop off doesn't really make sense though for Weegar. He's very good and the CAP hit is low. You run risks with all players over 30 but I'd venture to guess most gm's think Weegar's contract is very good.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
The drop off doesn't really make sense though for Weegar. He's very good and the CAP hit is low. You run risks with all players over 30 but I'd venture to guess most gm's think Weegar's contract is very good.
What do you mean it doesn’t make sense? I don’t think anyone can really predict when exactly an athlete will drop off after 30 but the probability is pretty high after like 33. Regardless, I think the odds of the Flames trading a big piece that is not a rental to us is pretty low. They made 2 trades with us last season but the owner also refused to trade Tanev to us so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad