Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I wouldn't look at it as a 3rd pairing guy 5M to slide up in case of injuries, I'm just saying you need 3-4 defensemen other than Hughes-Hronek who can put in 17-19 minutes per game. My point is that we're happy to pay a second line forward (for example) 5M but balking at that cost for a player who is on the ice more than the forward, and maybe we need to re-assess that valuation.

This has been my argument for a long time. I'm much more comfortable paying defencemen than forwards. As long as the ice-time distribution makes sense, however.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I think 7x7 was a more than fair offer for Lindholm, if those reports are accurate. If that wasn't enough to keep him, methinks he wants to be on a different team with a different opportunity.

I would not be surprised if he gets marginally more in AAV, but yes it was a fair offer. I agree, on the whole, I don't think he was particularly interested in staying for a number of reasons. Not least of which is that he's probably looking for somewhere he can play true top-line minutes as basically a 1C.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
If we look at a lot of the trades where a team sheds a bad contract as a part of something bigger, we'll see that the cost to shed the contract is less than if you are trading that contract with a sweetener.

Flames traded a 1st with Monahan. However, Senators traded a 1st, Kastelic, and Korpisalo while retaining 1m for the next four years for Ullmark. We see this as well with the Karlsson trade and the big Provorov/Severson/Walker trade.

I know I've been saying I expect them to move Mikheyev by taking on a bad contract but maybe it's possible to slide him in with another asset for a pretty strong upgrade.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
detroit has 100 good d prospects. i think they were just moving a guy that doesn't fit a need for them for someone who does and an extra pick. they were going to have to work in johansson, gibson and asp into a right side that already has seider, chiarot, petry and holl

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
If we look at a lot of the trades where a team sheds a bad contract as a part of something bigger, we'll see that the cost to shed the contract is less than if you are trading that contract with a sweetener.

Flames traded a 1st with Monahan. However, Senators traded a 1st, Kastelic, and Korpisalo while retaining 1m for the next four years for Ullmark. We see this as well with the Karlsson trade and the big Provorov/Severson/Walker trade.

I know I've been saying I expect them to move Mikheyev by taking on a bad contract but maybe it's possible to slide him in with another asset for a pretty strong upgrade.
That would probably best case scenario. Vatrano for Mikheyev + would be interesting.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
detroit has 100 good d prospects. i think they were just moving a guy that doesn't fit a need for them for someone who does and an extra pick. they were going to have to work in johansson, gibson and asp into a right side that already has seider, chiarot, petry and holl

Gibson is 2-3 years away, though. Chiarot/Petry/Holl will all be long gone before he plays an NHL game and Seider could be approaching UFA status depending on his next contract. Anton Johansson is a middling prospect and his presence shouldn't really change anything.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Cant help but think what could have been this season! We had lots of players playing below market value AAV.

Just a reminder, no team has ever won the Stanley Cup when they have a player making more than 10mil AAV on their roster.

Petey will be at 11 next year and Q Hughes will be past 10 in a couple of years.

Were going to need to find some fantastic value on players making ELC or undervalued veterans.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Starting to appear that the Canucks' Free Agent players are Negotiating with other NHL teams that have fewer Nonnegotiables.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Cant help but think what could have been this season! We had lots of players playing below market value AAV.

Just a reminder, no team has ever won the Stanley Cup when they have a player making more than 10mil AAV on their roster.

Petey will be at 11 next year and Q Hughes will be past 10 in a couple of years.

Were going to need to find some fantastic value on players making ELC or undervalued veterans.

‘Just a reminder, no team has ever won the Stanley Cup when they have a player making more than 10mil AAV on their roster.’

That will likely change as the cap rises.
Bobrovsky made $10 million AAV. I doubt that if he made $10.1 million the result would be different.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

Mikheyev and Marino. Get it done Vector

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
I think 7x7 was a more than fair offer for Lindholm, if those reports are accurate. If that wasn't enough to keep him, methinks he wants to be on a different team with a different opportunity.
I think he knows he wasn’t going to play ahead of EP and JT and would have a hard living up to that contract in a very secondary role.

Reactions: rypper and TruGr1t

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Mikheyev and Marino. Get it done Vector

I was actually thinking about this today. NJ wants to move Marino to add Pesce, so I wonder if that's possible and what the add would be from the Canucks side. They'd probably want retention for the cap space.

Swapping Marino for Mikheyev basically 1-to-1 salary would be a massive coup and probably worth the cost.

Last edited:

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Didn't seem like Allvin and JR had any interest in Marino when he left the Pens. They obviously would be very familiar with him. Not sure why that would be different now.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Didn't seem like Allvin and JR had any interest in Marino when he left the Pens. They obviously would be very familiar with him. Not sure why that would be different now.
It was reported the Canucks tried to trade for Marino at the ‘22 deadline and had interest again at the 2022 draft.

Edit: Here’s an article about the deadline. Draft may have been more speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad