Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
This was my thought… genuinely Mikheyev is a much better asset than Goodrow and Korpisalo.

It’s unfortunate that things are playing out the way they are but sometimes the market just isn’t logically consistent

Teams could have had Mathieu Joseph for free but the Flyers demanded a 1st to take in his contract. Then they take on a bunch of cap last year with some decent draft picks but not enough to justify it.

So…yup!

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
kastelic and a first to get rid of korpisalo and pick up ullmark? that's the trade of the year
I think this says less about a lopsided trade, and more that NHL teams realize how important the team is in front of the goalie. Is it a surprise Ulmark turned into a good goalie after leaving Buffalo to a top notch defensive team?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
As your designated HF boards insider, get ready Everybody, I’m gonna feed you guys some incredibly inaccurate information that you guys are going to just love on a daily basis until one of them actually hits, and you all praise me, like the sun in dark souls.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Still watching hockey a week before July is stupid.

Shorten up the weeks of pre-season/camp and play out the Cup final by the end of May.

This has dragged on forever.

The league is caught in a rock and a hard place. A good portion of the USA teams lose money until NFL, NASCAR, and baseball are done. They don't even want to play until November or December. On top of that you can't shorten the league because then the CBA and $$ go out the window. Everyone with a stake is very against shortening the season.

I hear ya though. It's late but now we turn the page.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think we should sign Lindholm and have Petey play on his wing. Put Petey back on the wing instead.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Soucy fits the way the Canucks want to play, Marino is not a Tocchet type defenceman. The Canucks want to be heavy and physical from the back end impose there will, that is not how Marino plays.

And yet, they're interested in Alexander Carrier and Chris Tanev?

I think they prefer big players, but prefer better, smaller players still. Tocchet is not the GM (though I understand he influences the GM).

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
And yet, they're interested in Alexander Carrier and Chris Tanev?

I think they prefer big players, but prefer better, smaller players still. Tocchet is not the GM (though I understand he influences the GM).

I would assume they like Carrier but then would want a larger RD and LD as well. Like Carrier, Myers, and Dillon.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Seeing what Florida got away with on D, you don't really need to pay a third pairing dman 5 million, you can find other options. ie Dillon or Edmundson.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Tomorrow evening. I do have it detailed in the main post.

1000004538.jpg

In this case, not to scroll up to the pinned post.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
This would be fine if they could fit:

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Dillon-Carrier
I'd be ok with that. Top pairing brings the offense, but Myers and Carrier can also contribute a bit. Dillon, Soucy and Myers bring the thunder. Would still suck to see Zad gone, but this is probably a better balanced set up. Juulsen comes in when we need a wild card.

1719291021322.png

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Watching these playoffs, I really do think a huge part of the game when the intensity gets ramped up is the forecheck, both creating your own and beating your opponent's forecheck. R1 vs Nashville I think the team did okay here, but in R2 the Oilers were clearly superior, especially as the series went on and both teams learned each other's tendencies.

This team needs another dman on the roster who can move the puck effectively under heavy pressure instead of just chipping the puck out to survive, last year wasn't good enough, it felt like both the bottom 2 pairings would rely way too much on just chipping the puck out in the playoffs, Zadorov and Myers can skate the puck out but they lack the skills/fluidity to pass the puck under pressure, you need another guy on this team who can pass the puck out since that leads to cleaner breakouts and gets the puck into the hands of a forward on the zone entry instead of a dman just carrying it in while the forwards cautiously trail behind to cover him.

You also need an effective F1 forechecker next to Petey. Hoglander was that guy during the reg season but struggled in the playoffs so ideally the 3rd member of this line is skilled enough to play with Petey but can also forecheck effectively as well. No Lafferty types with Petey for the love of God. Suter I thought did a nice(and underrated) job in this role with Miller/Boeser. If you lose Joshua then you also need someone to replace him in that F1 role too, Garland is pretty effective as the F2 despite his size.

I'd be hesitant to overpay Zadorov as much as I love him, and if they miss out on Guentzel I'd be hesitant to chase Toffoli, I'd actually be tempted to pivot and reallocate more dollars on the blueline if you can land a Roy or DeMelo and then look for value on wingers or explore the trade market for them. I'd only sign guys like Myers/Dillon if they're reasonably paid as #5 dmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad