Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
my opinion is Joshua would have taken less at xmas than on July 1st.

there's no way his value now after 8 points in 13 games and leading the playoffs in hits didn't only increase his value. so whatever he gets now, he probably would have signed for less then.

It was reported the canucks offered Joshua a contract in the low to mid 2s, near the end of the season.

They are delusional and tried to low ball him.
Personally I don't think there was any chance he'd sign a 'team friendly' deal if they got on him early, due to the rare circumstances he's in. Joshua is 28, has a career pretax earnings of < $2M, and physical players tend to ware out in their early 30's. It can't be repeated enough that this is likely his one chance to cash in, and he's not going to sign early in Vancouver probably unless Allvin offers something like 4-5M per year on a 4-5 year contract.

I saw Alex Burrows mentioned as a great example of getting a player on a great contract, but from a player/agent perspective it's a warning of exactly what you don't want to do. Switching the perspective to earnings post tax/commission/etc, it's one thing if you're a an established career player like Lindholm, you're next contract you're looking at if you want to end your career with $45M or 50M, and another like Joshua who could end his playing career with $5M or $12M. Roughly the difference between taking an early low offer from the Canucks vs holding out till UFA for a big pay out.

Reactions: DarrenX

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
I have a feeling the Canucks have drawn a line in the sand with Zadorov. It’s up to him to accept or not.

If Myers is indeed out, that’s a RHD that needs to be replaced as well.

Reactions: David71

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I have a feeling the Canucks have drawn a line in the sand with Zadorov. It’s up to him to accept or not.

If Myers is indeed out, that’s a RHD that needs to be replaced as well.

There will probably be a bit more wriggle room following the Mikheyev trade, but yeah if they're serious on Guenztel and want to shore-up the right-side defense and complete the line-up I think they are probably firm at keeping Zadorov under $5M AAV on term. Otherwise they pivot to Dillon at less cap hit and have money burning a hole in their pocket.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I can’t imagine we did that unless we had a plan. Giving away a 2nd to dump a contract hurts, but if we sign a couple of better free agents as a result it’s worth it, considering equal players would cost more by trade.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
IMG_7810.jpeg

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
If Zads ask is too high still and Myers doesn't sign for less than 3 per. I'd look into what the price for Cernak would be from Lighting lots rumors he could be available. Heck we could do a larger deal to include Tanner Jeannot to replace Dakota as well if he doesn't sign.

Lighting in cap trouble themselves and we could possibly walk away helping them and ourselves. Nice to have some options. Cernak would be great beside Hughes.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Guentzel (9) – Miller (8) – Suter (1.6)
Joshua (3.25) – Petterson (11.6) – Boeser (6.65)
Podkolzin (1) – Blueger (1.8) – Garland (4.95)
PDG (0.775) – Aman (0.825) – Duhaime (1.5)

Hughes (7.85) – Hronek (7.25)
Soucy (3.25) – Myers (3)
Zadorov (4.75) – Juulsen (0.775)
Friedman (0.775)

Demko (5)
Silovs (1)

OEL (2.34)
Mikheyev (0.712)

Just one potential roster...I think Guentzel will be a better fit with Miller than Petterson (whom I'd like to give Joshua a try with). Maybe Podkolzin on the 3rd line is a stretch. Hoglander traded as I don't really see a spot for him, I don't think he's a fit in the top 6 or the 3rd line at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad