Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Chaos Undivided

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: mathonwy

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Carolina has met Guentzel’s ask. Now it’s up to him to decide where he wants to play out his career…

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

Dunno, I just feel like if he really wanted to be in Carolina, he would've signed already and they wouldn't be waiting to the 11th hour.

My guess is that Guentzel is hoping for an 8th year—but as a sign-and-trade with another team.

Reactions: ProviesGhost

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I bet you Carolina is asking way above what everyone thinks a fair price for a sign and trade is. If he turns them down, curious if they would then lower their ask.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Trade the 4th+ from the Mikheyev haul to give Guentzel the 8th year cowards

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Carolina has met Guentzel’s ask. Now it’s up to him to decide where he wants to play out his career…

They're leaking this to pressure him to re-sign.

If his teammates and fans know CAR met his ask and he walks, Guentzel reveals he never wanted to be there long-term. Let's see.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
They're leaking this to pressure him to re-sign.

If his teammates and fans know CAR met his ask and he walks, Guentzel reveals he never wanted to be there long-term. Let's see.
Like, this is where my head is at. It's weird that this stuff is leaking now. That they are taking a strong run, that they've met the ask, etc. It feels like posturing more for the sake of their fans than for Guentzel's sake.

They would just sign the guy without and drama if things were actually going along that smoothly. It would be like Florida with Reinhart.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Friedman not sounding as confident a couple of days ago as he was last week was the wet blanket we ignored

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Once Reinhardt and Guentzel re-up, the Toffoli sweepstakes are going to be nuts.
I'd rather just gamble on Marchessault not falling off, that guy is a clutch stud. Or explore trade options.

I may be in the minority here but Sprong + 1 of FoegeleAamadio/Martinook/W.Carrier sounds better than Toffoli or DeBrusk to me if we're going the depth route.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If Guentzel is gone, I’d much rather they spend the money on Arvidsson, Zadorov, and another RD. If UFA is the route they want to go.

Yeah we could probably have Arvidsson and Tanev for the cost of Guentzel alone. Dream scenario is we luck into Matt Roy at under 6MM and completely solidify our top 2 RHD spots for the next several years but I don't have high hopes.

I'd rather just gamble on Marchessault not falling off, that guy is a clutch stud. Or explore trade options.

I may be in the minority here but Sprong + 1 of FoegeleAamadio/Martinook/W.Carrier sounds better than Toffoli or DeBrusk to me if we're going the depth route.

I keep forgetting about Marchessault. Would definitely be interested, love his finishing ability and the fact that he's a "low mileage" pro due to getting to the NHL pretty late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad