Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | The Final Countdown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This year doesn't seem like a good year to spend cap space on the mid tier. I would save the dollars this off season.

If it's true that the Canucks' main target is Jake Guentzel, I think it's safe to say we aren't targeting the mid tier. He's one of the biggest prizes on the market.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Would you guys rather have Joshua or Brenden Dillon? Factoring in contract estimates of 3x2 for Dillon and 3.25x6 Joshua?

(If we sign Guentzel, they’d only be able to sign one)

For me, it’s Joshua undoubtedly.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
This got me to 87.5ish.

Attachments

• IMG_0507.jpeg
    IMG_0507.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 2

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Miller Boeser
Pettersson Guentzel
Garland Joshua

yes please get errr done.

TAMPER! TAMPER! TAMPER! ( as long as its a monetary fine and not draft picks) TAMPER TAMPER TAMPER!

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Would you guys rather have Joshua or Brenden Dillon? Factoring in contract estimates of 3x2 for Dillon and 3.25x6 Joshua?

It depends what other forwards are available on the buyout market, but I'd lean toward Brenden Dillon then look at Skinner, Kapanen, Kaliyev via trade, and others. I guess it also depends on what Guentzel takes for an AAV. I still think 9.5 is a bit high.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Allvin was one of the most active GM's in the league last season with trades and UFA signings. But it was a strategy borne of necessity.

Incoming guys like Suter, Cole, Soucy, Lafferty, Blueger, Friedman and DeSmith were a necessity because the Canucks simply had no organizational depth.

But I suspect this time around they're going to take a long look at the likes Sasson, Bains, Karlsson, Raty and McWard. Obviously not all of them will be ready. But they're a lot closer to being NHL players, and a lot cheaper than some of the veteran UFA's on the market.

They will look at them but I don't think they will pencil many of them in without having a safer plan. Coaches don't like question marks. Unfortunately for Allvin his moves were due to necessity because the last GM royally screwed up the cap structure. As such this management group can't really do the common sense things most teams have to do. As such we have no choice but to fool around with the fringes and hope to hell we get it right again like last year.

I agree and I think the organization has been working hard at this. There is a ton of risk to signing bottom six forwards to the $1.5-2.5m deals when you have a farmhand that could do the job for half the cost. The scariest practice would be to hand out term that may block roster spots in the future.

I am particularly interested in seeing what Raty could do at wing next year. He has the size and speed that could come at half the cost of signing someone like Duhaime

I don't really find the risk to be that great. What is risky was Benning signing guys to 3 million with term. These short term deals like Joshua, Suter, Blueger, Lafferty, Cole, have been no problem at all. I don't see them signing anyone in the bottom 6 that would block roster spots, not like we have a lot coming up. If Duhaime wants anything short of a 1 or 2 low million dollar deal Allvin will just move on to the next target.

I like Raty too. I hope he has a good off-season as he's the type of payer that could come in and contribute right away with the right improvements this summer.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Only way you get that number is if you get his rights and give him the extra year.
even then I'm thinking he's more like 8.75M-9M AAV

I wouldn't be shocked if some teams offers him 10M per at 6 or 7 years or some team like Utah does something wild and offers him a ridiculous AAV for 3 years.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013

I wouldn't be shocked if some teams offers him 10M per at 6 or 7 years or some team like Utah does something wild and offers him a ridiculous AAV for 3 years.
Difference between 9.5x7 and 8.25x8 is 500k

I don't trust Sat from a math perspective at all.
I think he’s saying without saying that Mikheyev is gone, otherwise it changes the equation

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Lets say UTAH offers him 15mil x 3yrs = 42mil

vs Canucks at 9.25mil x 7 = 65 mil

At age 33 do you think Guentzel is going to be able to get a 23 mil contract to make it worth it to sign a short term big money deal vs a long term deal with Canucks.

Not to mention he would be taking a huge risk that he doesnt get hurt and that his production stays elite over the next 3-4 years.

I think most Atheltes will take the term and guranteed securirty of a big big contract.

Reactions: Nucker101

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

At that AAV, it's definitely Joshua.

The issue is that it sounds like teams are going to bid Joshua up from that considerably. I could see some teams going up to a Mason Marchment-esque deal, which is just too far beyond my walk-away point for Joshua.

Reactions: biturbo19

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I don't trust Sat from a math perspective at all.

It's not particularly complicated. They have nearly $26.5M at the moment after the new cap number and Poolman on LTIR. Those three players at Sat's numbers add up to about $19.5M, leaving you ~$6M in space.

I can see why you'd want to move Mikheyev, that gives you $10M+ cap space to address another right-shot defenseman behind Hronek-Myers plus a third-line centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad