Canucks Managerial Discussion | Part 15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Lmao - Vrbata basically calling out Jimbo for being near sighted and ****** asset management:laugh: Oh Benning... :help:

"Take Vrbata. By the time the Canucks asked him for his list of eight teams he was contractually obligated to waive his no-trade clause for, he was in an impossible situation. Turns out, so were the Canucks.

Vrbata and his wife, who have no other family living in Canada, were expecting their baby in May, a timeline that left him loathe to switch hockey teams.

Choosing family first, Vrbata gave the Canucks a list with three playoff teams, understanding it meant finding a fit would be like finding someone to like on the New England Patriots.

“I don’t think I handcuffed them, but I knew what I was doing,†Vrbata said this week. “I could have given a lot more (options) and I would have moved.

“If I wanted to get traded, I would have been traded.â€

But that list, Vrbata said, would have looked entirely different if the Canucks had asked him about a potential trade in June or July, instead of February.

“There would have been a lot more teams interested,†Vrbata said. “If they said, after last season, ‘You know what, next year, we’re going young. We have a 19-year-old centreman for you to play with.

“‘Do you want to do something else?’

“Then I think I would have jumped at — considered something different, even though last year was great.â€

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=11850218&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bit of a jerk move talking about Horvat like that, or even McCann, if that's who he means. Not impressed.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Vrbata didn't even really need to say that... Everybody knows he should have been moved in the off season after our bozo management tossed him under the bus after the playoffs and had no intention on playing him with the Twins.

Good to see it in the press though. More flames for Linden to put out.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Yeah, he's talking about McCann. Maybe not the best thing to say publicly, but it's probably a good indication of how some of the players feel about the team's current situation. Definitely drives home that they should've sold high in the offseason.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Bit of a jerk move talking about Horvat like that, or even McCann, if that's who he means. Not impressed.

As a free agent signing under the agreement the team was on its way up and he would be playing with the sedins I think he's completely justified in his lack of enthusiasm of playing with a rookie.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah he is talking about McCann.

Vrbata is kind of a dick lol. His effort this year was absolutely pathetic.

Well he did say they traded away the only center that he has chemistry with.

I guess at the end of the day, the two sides are responsible.

Vrbata signed on to play with the twins, if management made that promise in the beginning then they have to make an effort to hold onto that. They broke that promise and then took away the next best option.

I guess Vrbata should've asked for a trade when he saw that and not doing that and then dogged the whole season is pretty unprofessional as well.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah, he's talking about McCann. Maybe not the best thing to say publicly, but it's probably a good indication of how some of the players feel about the team's current situation. Definitely drives home that they should've sold high in the offseason.

Asset management ? - Benning

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Well he did say they traded away the only center that he has chemistry with.

I guess at the end of the day, the two sides are responsible.

Vrbata signed on to play with the twins, if management made that promise in the beginning then they have to make an effort to hold onto that. They broke that promise and then took away the next best option.

I guess Vrbata should've asked for a trade when he saw that and not doing that and then dogged the whole season is pretty unprofessional as well.

No, its all on Vrbata. He got his chance to play with the Sedins last year and he did well. Just because you dont get what you want you dont cry about it. The coach saw him with the Sedins werent working so why should be make the team worse just because they "promised" him something. Hes just a cry baby. Hes not blaming himself. Hes being passive aggressive saying they should have moved him last year.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004

Just to play devils advocate, if you sign with the canucks with the promise that you get to play with the twins and the team is competing, then after having some success with them you got demoted, singled out for the playoff (half the team crap the bed, but only a couple guys got blamed) and before the next season start you are told that you will not be playing with the Sedins, which is the reason he signed here to begin with. Wouldn't you be a little annoyed too?
I don't like his effort level this year,but like so many people said, these guys are not robots, they have feeling/emotion too.
Also I don't get the sense he's calling out the rookies. He's just upset he didn't get to play with the twins, which he was promised to entice him to sign here

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Just to play devils advocate, if you sign with the canucks with the promise that you get to play with the twins and the team is competing, then after having some success with them you got demoted, singled out for the playoff (half the team crap the bed, but only a couple guys got blamed) and before the next season start you are told that you will not be playing with the Sedins, which is the reason he signed here to begin with. Wouldn't you be a little annoyed too?
I don't like his effort level this year,but like so many people said, these guys are not robots, they have feeling/emotion too.
Also I don't get the sense he's calling out the rookies. He's just upset he didn't get to play with the twins, which he was promised to entice him to sign here
Shades of Jan Bulis!:laugh:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
After the comments about management not liking his play vs CGY in the playoffs, they should have shipped him off.

Seems like he handcuffed the team too though so **** him too

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

No, hes using an excuse as to why he performed so poorly to the fact that they didnt put him with the Sedins.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
As a free agent signing under the agreement the team was on its way up and he would be playing with the sedins I think he's completely justified in his lack of enthusiasm of playing with a rookie.

Yeah I agree... You can see why he'd be pissed.

He signs in Van under an agreement to get a chance to play with the Sedins.

In his first season he rips it up with the Sedins, leads the team in goals.

Next season he's demoted to playing on a secondary scoring line with a rookie C.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Next season he's demoted to playing on a secondary scoring line with a rookie C.

He got demoted because we acquired a "foundational center"....who needed to be used as a winger.:sarcasm:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
No, its all on Vrbata. He got his chance to play with the Sedins last year and he did well. Just because you dont get what you want you dont cry about it. The coach saw him with the Sedins werent working so why should be make the team worse just because they "promised" him something. Hes just a cry baby. Hes not blaming himself. Hes being passive aggressive saying they should have moved him last year.

People are *suppose* to work hard on the things they are hired to do, but under poor management, people don't. That is the reality everywhere in life.

That is why people value good management because good management tends to motivate people to put in more effort.

I mean is Vrbata at fault? Technically, no, there is nothing in his contract that states he has to hit a certain number. He went to practice, he showed up and played. Was he unprofessional? Oh yeah.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Just listened to the press conference from yesterday where benning said he did his best at the trade deadline and all you can do is try. I wish willie stood up and said this line:
"It's not the try league it's the get it done league."
:laugh:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Just read this from Linden:

“We’ve had our eye firmly on the future and we’ve never traded young assets for older assets that set us back. We knew that eventually we would get younger and this was the year that it took shape. And we’re going to continue to go down that path.â€

Uhhh yeah about that Mr.Linden...what the ****ing hell would you call the Shinkaruk Granlund trade? If you gonna lie your face off you could at least done some homework to spare yourself of the embarrassment.

If this clown had done a proper rebuild we would be through most of the worst bit by now and with twice as stronga bunch of prospects and more cap. Just half-assed everything, all we hear is bluster and spin.

Last edited:

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004

Gotta think this will make it harder to sign premium UFA in the future, now that this is public.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
After the comments about management not liking his play vs CGY in the playoffs, they should have shipped him off.

Seems like he handcuffed the team too though so **** him too

He has a baby due in May. Dumb of Benning to expect/force him to abandon his pregnant just months before the birth. If he was planning on moving him, it should have been done when she still had time to resettle. Either in the offseason or early in the season, waiting until nearly March, dumb.

I don't think anyone should blame Vrbata for saying no at that late stage. Benning had his chances and screwed the pooch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad