Rumor: Canucks making their final offer on Zadorov this weekend. There are rumblings that some teams are prepared to offer him 6x6 on July 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Canucks clearly nowhere near 6x6, otherwise he would have signed already as its been mentioned plenty of times that he wants to stay in Vancouver and Vanncouver wants him here.

I think maybe the Canucks offer is currently at around 4.9 AAV, i think their final offer this weekend will be around 5.25 AAV.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Canucks ready to replace the Myers albatross

They clearly are not willing to over-spend for him, which is why he isnt re-signed yet.

Would love to have Z at around 5mil. Thats nowhere near going to be an albatross contract especially where the cap is now and where the cap is going.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I love Zadorov as a person, one of the best in the league. His play is also great for the playoffs. But someone is going to regret BIG TIME if they sign him to a long term deal, especially if it's more than 4mil. He is a third pairing guy, nothing more. 6x6 is f***ing ludicrous.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
On the 32 thoughts podvast at about 42:51 the Vancouver Canucks are brought up and several things are said.

The Canucks have conceded on Lindholm.

While It's not over yet on Zadorov the odds are less than 50/50 that he is back and it could be over very soon.

I wonder if they lose Zadorov do they circle back on Myers because if they lose both Zadorov and Myers that's A LOT of size on the defense gone.

If Zadorov hits the market I expect Treliving to be all over Zadorov simply because he's already tried to bring Zadorov in so we know he wants Zadorov.

I'm nervous about a potential contract.

I like Zadorov but he's about to get PAID.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
I actually can't imagine any team giving him 6x$6M. Free agency makes GMs go a little crazy I get it but that will be immediately bad, and an albatross very soon.

Reactions: Laus723

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I love Zadorov as a person, one of the best in the league. His play is also great for the playoffs. But someone is going to regret BIG TIME if they sign him to a long term deal, especially if it's more than 4mil. He is a third pairing guy, nothing more. 6x6 is f***ing ludicrous.

Jalen Chatfield who is a verteran AHLer and has only been a regular the last couple of seasons just signed for 3mil.

You think Big Z is only worth 1mil more than him?

Zadorov is starting to get severely under-rated here.

I think with what he brings, he is easily worth around 4.75-5.25AAV

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Jalen Chatfield who is a verteran AHLer and has only been a regular the last couple of seasons just signed for 3mil.

You think Big Z is only worth 1mil more than him?

Zadorov is starting to get severely under-rated here.

I think with what he brings, he is easily worth around 4.75-5.25AAV
I reiterate: paying a 3rd pairing guy more than 4mil is ludicrous. 4.75-5.25 is still 2nd pairing money, even with the cap going up.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
That contract is going to be a huge mistake.
He’s a great 2nd pair d man with massive presence and a great shot

Totally worth that contract with his UFA status and today’s cap

I reiterate: paying a 3rd pairing guy more than 4mil is ludicrous. 4.75-5.25 is still 2nd pairing money, even with the cap going up.
He’s not a 3rd pair d man on 95% of the teams in the league

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He was a top four defenceman for us in the playoffs, he played bigger and more important minutes than even soucy

He’s also extremely unique player that shows up in the playoffs multiple times now.

We don’t need him to be some sort of crazy shutdown lock, we need him to just play decent hockey until the playoffs and then do his thing.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Tre is getting ready to commit to a terrible IFA contract. It is his bread and butter

If he's going to do that I'd rather he give that contract to Pesce because I see Pesce as a partner for Rielly, I see Zadorov as a partner for McCabe.

Both are needed but Rielly partner is priority

Bond

May 10, 2012
If he's going to do that I'd rather he give that contract to Pesce because I see Pesce as a partner for Rielly, I see Zadorov as a partner for McCabe.

Both are needed but Rielly partner is priority
If can swing both he’ll do it lol. That man should take a vacation every July 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad