Rumor: Canucks interested in Nikita Zaitsev?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Don't like our chances unless they guarantee him a role that he wants.

If DET/WSH make an offer, I could see him choosing one of those places. Or the usual CHI/NYC option.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
I suspect he'll go to New York or LA if the choices are there and the pay is similar. Maybe Washington too,
on account of No.8. The prime spots in NA for young men in general who have the big bucks and the choice.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Don't like our chances unless they guarantee him a role that he wants.

If DET/WSH make an offer, I could see him choosing one of those places. Or the usual CHI/NYC option.

Idk I think it comes down to where he's going to get ice time. Think Justin Schultz but with actual competency situation.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I always sign him in EHM:EA which leads me to believe he'd be a good player for the Canucks.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I could see him landing with CHI. Good situation there (contending team, 3 of the last 6 Cups) and fills a huge need for them on D. I'm sure Panarin's unique out-clause helped too and they may very well offer one with that same structure again to Zaitsev.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
We have 0 Russians on our team, haven't since Shirokov. That is not going to change anytime soon.

Andrey_Pedan_Utica_Comets.jpg

Wait until this beaut makes the team. :yo:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
We have 0 Russians on our team, haven't since Shirokov. That is not going to change anytime soon.

It could very well change soon. This organization isn't close minded in regards to Russians anymore. We have a few in our system now that have decent futures.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Russians tend to choose major US markets so odds we actually land this player are slim, but good news at least that we're interested. Completely missed the boat on Panarin last year, as a few of us here were noting at the time.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Gillis shipped out everything that resembled a Russian as soon as he was hired. We probably have the fewest Russians in our system out of any team in the league. If you were Zatisev, you would sign with another team. Same goes for other Russian UFA's. Through the draft is where we may start somewhat of a Russian culture in our team (Tryamkin, Zhukenov...)

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Gillis shipped out everything that resembled a Russian as soon as he was hired. We probably have the fewest Russians in our system out of any team in the league. If you were Zatisev, you would sign with another team. Same goes for other Russian UFA's. Through the draft is where we may start somewhat of a Russian culture in our team (Tryamkin, Zhukenov...)
This was just shrewd - but largely risk-averse - management under Gillis. The Russian factor was a real thing for almost a decade, but with the ruble, oil and the KHL all simultaneously imploding, talent is starting to trickle back to North America.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Is he the second coming of Nikita Nikitin or Denis Grebeshov?....if he is, there's probably another opening on the Oilers' blueline.:sarcasm:

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Why do they even bother reporting this garbage? 30 teams are interested in this prospect. The Canucks will not sign him and even if they did chances are he'd be a bust. All this does is toy with the emotions of hardcore fans.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If we get him and I hope Tryamkin comes in and wows everyone.

Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Zaitsev
Tryamkin - Subban

Pretty sure Tryamkin has already busted.

He needs to come over ASAP so the team can take a look at him and put him on the right development path if he wants a chance.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Pretty sure Tryamkin has already busted.

He needs to come over ASAP so the team can take a look at him and put him on the right development path if he wants a chance.

What's wrong with a 21 year old playing good minutes in the KHL?

Pedan is the guy I would bet on of the 2, but both should be considered viable NHL prospects.

Would love to see a Pedan/Zaitsev duo next season. 2 guys that can really hammer the puck with size and skating ability in spades. Too bad there will be 20 offers in on the skilled Russian.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad