Canucks for real?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I know some will disagree but Ryan Miller is top 5 goalie in the league. When he's at his best I can't think of anyone save for Carrie Price who's better. The Vancouver Canucks like Columbus is benefiting from spectacular goaltending.

The Canucks have received pretty average goaltending.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I believe the Canucks are 'for real' in the sense that they exist and they're a hockey team in the NHL. Besides that, who knows?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
But what is the plan to get better? The Sedins will keep getting older. So will Eriksson.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Do you even watch canucks games? Because with a statement like this I believe you don't watch canucks games at all.

Goaltending has been our strongest point.

Which really just shows how bad the team is since both goaltenders have below average sv%s

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Which really just shows how bad the team is since both goaltenders have below average sv%s

2h7qao3.jpg

It's become obvious that no matter what Canuck fans in this thread say people are just going to toy with us and put the team down LOL. I'll let the product on the ice do the talking. We're improving.

Not saying were a playoff team, I don't think we'll make it to be honest, but I see alot of positives this season. Last season I saw zero. A couple more years, a couple more drafts, and I see this team doing some damage.

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
But what is the plan to get better? The Sedins will keep getting older. So will Eriksson.

Same as any team. Try to draft/develop talent, and make the right trades and free agent signings. There's some decent pieces, but no potentially elite players, so there needs to be some good drafts for sure. A tank might help with the elite players, but there's no guarantees with the new lottery, and that's not going to help the promising players already on the team. The problem is the team should be trying to accumulate picks, and gradually offloading vets, not using them to try to get better as they have been. Fighting for the playoffs and getting a lower pick is fine if it's on the backs of young players, but not if it's largely due to the vets. Unfortunately the management and/or owners seem to have delusions about how good the team is and seems to be set on trying to put the best possible team on the ice, vets included. Luckily some of the guys like Horvat and Baertschi are starting to take on a bigger role anyway.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Horvat's line, Tanev, and hot goaltending = 5, looking to be 6, wins in a row

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
No offense, but this team is still just as bad as last time we saw em, miller carried this team and elliot cant stop a beach ball

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
LOL we just whooped your *** now you come here and talk **** give me a break.

Whooped?? You are kidding urself if you think nucks as a whole played well enough to win. Call it whatever you want, this team did not play well and i love to see how you can aruge it

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
The Flames certainly had great chances that Miller stopped but I also thought the shot totals were a bit overblown - a lot of the Flames shots were low percentage perimeter shots and weak plays (from what I saw).

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
No offense, but this team is still just as bad as last time we saw em, miller carried this team and elliot cant stop a beach ball

I'm sure you didn't mind when Chad Johnson was putting up a stretch of .940+ hockey over 10 or 11 games. Goalies are part of the game. If you can't beat them thats your own fault.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Whooped?? You are kidding urself if you think nucks as a whole played well enough to win. Call it whatever you want, this team did not play well and i love to see how you can aruge it

Just accept the loss.

If the Canucks had lost this game you would be in here talking **** saying how bad we suck, but we won and yet you're still here talking ****.

I look forward to my boys taking another 2 points from the flames next game.

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
I'm sure you didn't mind when Chad Johnson was putting up a stretch of .940+ hockey over 10 or 11 games. Goalies are part of the game. If you can't beat them thats your own fault.

Did i say it wasnt our fault? I merely point out in a thread discussing whether this team is for real or not- that they are not as good as their winning streak indicates

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
Just accept the loss.

If the Canucks had lost this game you would be in here talking **** saying how bad we suck, but we won and yet you're still here talking ****.

I look forward to my boys taking another 2 points from the flames next game.

Thats cute, make assumptions, i never once posted to **** on anyone, but you do you. I have no problem acccepting a loss. That said what i wondered well before this game. I asked if this team is playing better and hence why you went on your streak. Im sure there were moments when you played well but this is not the "better" team i was expecting

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Did i say it wasnt our fault? I merely point out in a thread discussing whether this team is for real or not- that they are not as good as their winning streak indicates

Hardly a sound criticism of a winning streak being that they have hot goaltending. You'll have a hard time finding winning streaks where goalies aren't playing well above their regular ability.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
We're not as good as this winning streak (Miller is HOT) but we're not bad enough to be in the basement. Sigh

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
The Flames certainly had great chances that Miller stopped but I also thought the shot totals were a bit overblown - a lot of the Flames shots were low percentage perimeter shots and weak plays (from what I saw).

That doesn't really excuse the other side of it, though.

13 shots on goal - especially at home - is horrendous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad