canucks fan with a comment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rajvandam

Unregistered User
Mar 5, 2007
Vancouver
Hi everyone,

Sorry, I try not to go into other teams' message boards but I just wanted to compliment the Wild commentators on the Fox Sports channel. I'm a teacher who moved to China for the year so I purchased NHL Vault to catch replays of games. For people who don't know, you can't watch your own commentators for the road games. So for all the Canucks road games I have to watch the other team's broadcast.

I just wanted to say that so far I find the Wild commentators to be the most neutral and it's just nice to see a game called down the middle like that even though they're affliated with the Wild team. For Canucks broadcasts I like our commentator but our colour guy is a blatant homer (John Garrett)... I just wish they'd replace him with someone like your TV colour guy. So yeah, it's just refreshing to see and I wish more teams had guys like that as their commentators.

And it's especially impressive because as a commentator of one team it's hard not to fall in love with that team because you see the players and their games day in and day out. But these guys seem to have it figured out.

Anyways, that's all I wanted to say.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
This will stir things up around here...LaPanta and Greenlay weren't the most popular choice among the HF Board faithfull...although I wish they would've went with Doug McLeod as play by play and Tom Chorske or Wes Walz as the Color Guy....I'm not that bothered by LaPanta.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I haven't been as annoyed with LaPanta as I thought I would be. Granted, I haven't seen too many games on TV yet this season.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Thanks! agree on Garrett (when watching away from home usually get the Canuck feed)...makes me want to kick puppies. Thought I'd absolutely hate LaPanta but watching a few games here I like him better than what we had last time around. We're doing well this season so it's easier to be magnanimous with giving credit where it's due on the ice but still he's less annoying than the last guy--and i didn't really mind the last guy.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Based on how everyone bashed LaPanta when it was announced that he'd join the crew, I expected the worst. He's been OK, he has his homer moments but isn't as bad as some others in the league.

Billy Mays Here*

Sorry but I still hate Lapantless and Greenlegs. I try to get the other team's feeds as often as possible.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I thought LaPanta would be terrible, but he has not annoyed me even a fraction as much as Terhaar did.

Still think Greenlay is kinda blah tho.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Sorry but I still hate Lapantless and Greenlegs. I try to get the other team's feeds as often as possible.

Chicago's are by far the biggest homers outside of Detroit. I can't stand either of those teams commentators. Buddy in Chicago said even their fans hate theirs because he's a ******.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Chicago's are by far the biggest homers outside of Detroit. I can't stand either of those teams commentators. Buddy in Chicago said even their fans hate theirs because he's a ******.

oh god that Detroit guy reminds me of those mean old puppets from the muppet show.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Lapanta has done a real good job to the surprise of MANY here.

Greenlay is Terhaar - Lite. I really want a different color guy on FSN.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Like some others have said, La Panta is actually alright. I don't mind him at all, plus, he always looks so goofy it's kinda funny to watch.

Now Greenlay... I seriously will mute the tv at times. He talks as if speaking to Pejorative Slured children. I, I really don't like him, like, I really really want to kick him in the junk.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Gawd, Joe Buck makes my skin crawl....Way too pretentious for me..I do like Troy Aikman as the color guy, though.

I don't mind Aikman. I'd say I like him, but I don't want Buck getting jealous and scrawling HOMEWRECKER on my car in my pets' blood. Though, I bet his penmanship would be exquisite.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Watching NFL games has left me satisfied with anyone who isn't Joe Buck.

This. I wish I could go back to the days of streams where the NFL radio feeds would sync up with the internet stream and I could listen to PA with no like 8-10 second delay.

Buck drives me up the wall, to where at times I just mute the game because I don't want to listen to his drivel. Costas does that for me too at times, though not as much as Buck.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This will stir things up around here...LaPanta and Greenlay weren't the most popular choice among the HF Board faithfull...although I wish they would've went with Doug McLeod as play by play and Tom Chorske or Wes Walz as the Color Guy....I'm not that bothered by LaPanta.

I'm not bothered by LaPanta either. My main grip with him is the way he yells "sccoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". But even that is tolerable unlike Mr. Terhaar.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I was up in arms over LaPanta at first but I've been pretty happy with him. Does he have a great PBP voice? No. But he's easy to tune out, fairly neutral, and doesn't screw up the calls all the time.

He has made Greenlay just look like a complete amateur in comparison though. Terhaar kind of masked how bad he was, but now it's just full view. They need to get someone in there. Bruno?

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Yep, LaPanta is surprisingly good. Terhaar tries too hard to be funny, but he would be better suited teaching basics of hockey to kids than calling a hockey game.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
If I can be a little hipster, I liked Lapanta before it was cool.

I was up in arms over LaPanta at first but I've been pretty happy with him. Does he have a great PBP voice? No. But he's easy to tune out, fairly neutral, and doesn't screw up the calls all the time.

He has made Greenlay just look like a complete amateur in comparison though. Terhaar kind of masked how bad he was, but now it's just full view. They need to get someone in there. Bruno?

Yeah Greenlay does look weaker next to him now.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Gawd, Joe Buck makes my skin crawl....Way too pretentious for me..I do like Troy Aikman as the color guy, though.
Every time Joe uses one of his dads lines i want to choke him. His dad was far and away one of the absolute all time best and Joe rode his coat tails to jobs he never shoud of had.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Bruno would be alright, but he's got a day job with the Wild now.

I wouldn't mind seeing either/both Chorske and Walz get a shot as the analyst.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'll throw my hat into the "I hate Joe Buck with a passion" ring. If there was ANY play by play guy that needs to be fired, across any sport and any network, it is Joe Buck, and it's not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad