Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Rangers - 3-2 (OT) (Miller x 2, Podkolzin)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
What are you talking about every single analytical stat heavily favoured them. Man sometimes their is such an agenda on this board.

Kidding me? 0/6 on the PP and barely any shots on the first 5 of them. On the PK went o/2 and barely got out of the next 3 with Demko standing on his head.

EDIT:

On the plus side they didn't have a 10+ min stretch with no shots like the last 3 games.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I gotta tip the hat to LucBourdon... he said it was going to overtime back when it was 2-0 and I told him it was impossible. hahaha I happily eat crow on this one.

What a great finish to the game. Demko making saves with no stick and no blocker is a top 3 highlight of the season for me so far, along with Podkolizin's first, and Duncan Keith getting hammered by Meyers. Fun third period! So glad I didn't turn it off like I almost did.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Podkolzin had his best game too. That third period he was hitting hard and making plays. Absolutely an NHL player if Green would give him more than 8 minutes
I fear that Green will neuter him, a guy like Pod will struggle if he starts overthinking things.

Reactions: Indiana

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
I gotta tip the hat to LucBourdon... he said it was going to overtime back when it was 2-0 and I told him it was impossible. hahaha I happily eat crow on this one.

What a great finish to the game. Demko making saves with no stick and no blocker is a top 3 highlight of the season for me so far, along with Podkolizin's first, and Duncan Keith getting hammered by Meyers. Fun third period! So glad I didn't turn it off like I almost did.

Was gonna say the same thing he totally ruined our fire green parade

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I missed the game but what were the lines?
Also, how did Hamonic and Podz look?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
This is not talked about enough, but if USA does not select Demko for the Olympic team, they are f***ing nuts
I randomly lurked the team USA discussion thread this past summer. They were mentioning guys like Gibson and Cal Peterson over Demko

lmao

Reactions: Indiana

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Podz with 6 shots 3 hits and a goal in 7mins of icetime. I think he should be on the third line with Dickenson and Garland. Garland can do his thing while Podz stands at the front of the net or works it down low and Dickenson would be the high guy/defensive forward on that line. Dickenson has a pretty good shot he just needs to gain some accuracy on it

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Podz with 6 shots 3 hits and a goal in 7mins of icetime. I think he should be on the third line with Dickenson and Garland. Garland can do his thing while Podz stands at the front of the net or works it down low and Dickenson would be the high guy/defensive forward on that line. Dickenson has a pretty good shot he just needs to gain some accuracy on it
Just like with Sutter, It’s hard to get excited about any line offensively that’s centered by offensive black hole Dickinson

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Imo, the Canucks outplayed NY 2 out of 3 periods, it's just our special teams are killing us. Should have killed off a penalty and then scored at least 1 power play goal. 4-1 Canucks. But the pk and pp are so bad right now that they won't win consecutive games.

You have to put Garland on the left half wall on pp1. He is far better at evading checkers then Miller, who constantly turns the puck over, and he (Garland) gives us a better chance of actually setting up. I don't know why the pp keeps going back to the (mostly) same units over and over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad