Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Preds - 4-3 (SO) (Pettersson, Podkolzin, Joshua - Petey SO Winner)

Wholl win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Well folks it all comes down to this, Preds and Nucks playing a meaningful game in March. If the boys can buckle down, get the puck in deep, give it their best, they stand a good chance of getting that ever so crucial 26th spot in the league.

GO CANUCKS GO

Projected Canucks lineup:

TBD (To be Determined). Now determined here it is:

Kuzmenko Pettersson Beauvillier
The Chosen One Miller Brock Boeser
Joshua Miller Garland
Podkolzin Beagle Aman
Dries

Hughes Juullssen
Briesbois Vector
Wolanin Burrows
Myers

Silovs
Demko

Keep in mind you CAN change who you voted for in the poll. Please keep that in mind

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Canucks are on cruise control as we are pretty much secured a playoff spot but we need to keep momentum with us. Expectations are huge in this city right now and another 2nd round exit would be unacceptable.

Going to be tough. That Weber-Suter pairing looks phenomenal. Really need the Sedins to break them down low on the cycle and for Kesler to actually produce offense. Getting sick of his stone hands act.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hronek better be playing. Spray him with whatever they sprayed JTM with and get The Future on the ice already.
C73CCA2D-BC74-4CE4-8C23-2B9D9101061D.gif

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
nashville actually have an outside shot at the playoffs with the way winnipeg and edmonton are playing. i'd expect them to compete hard

pLaYoFF atMOsPheRe here we come

• Haha
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I feel like there’s going to be an emotional letdown here and the team is going to be flat. The Leafs on HNIC with opposing fans invading the building versus game 62 against Nashville in front of a mostly empty barn is going to be a stark difference.
Kind of like the wild house party at Mr C's house compared to the one person that showed up to my party.;)

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'd take the over.
No point in letting the others play extra minutes and seeing if they can handle it.
MUST WIN!!!!

The canucks have one of the best play driving D-men in the league in Hughes. He's going to play and play a lot regardless of where the team is. Hell, you can use the EXACT same reasoning you have to see if he can continue to handle it given they will likely need him this much moving forward.

On the others...Bear already gets elevated time and most of the other don't really need to be appraised at more ice time than they have seen. I mean if you are looking to cut ice time it wouldn't be from Hughes but rather from Myers (and before injured OEL). Those are the positions that are going to be open.

Hughes is 8th in average icetime for D-men. Seems about right. Pettersson is 26th amongst forwards. If anything seems a bit low.

The complaints about playing your best players a lot is really strange. Your best forwards are going to play 20 minutes a game with spikes to 24/25 minutes. Your best D-man is going to play ~25 minutes a night on average. When you have a bunch of guys on the IR and farm players struggling to keep heads above water, the times for the best players will naturally rise as well..again no matter what phase the team is in. Want to destroy a room? Cut the ice of your best performing players.

Last edited:

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
The canucks have one of the best play driving D-men in the league in Hughes. He's going to play and play a lot regardless of where the team is. Hell, you can use the EXACT same reasoning you have to see if he can continue to handle it given they will likely need him this much moving forward.
How this guy progressed at all frankly amazed me (eg., Travis Green, etc.,). A truly amazing player that I underrated a ton.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
How this guy progressed at all frankly amazed me (eg., Travis Green, etc.,). A truly amazing player that I underrated a ton.
Truly. He has really not had any true coaching. This is him figuring things out on his own. Maybe this new staff can get him to that next level in the next 12-18 months. Honestly, the same goes for Pettersson.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
Truly. He has really not had any true coaching. This is him figuring things out on his own. Maybe this new staff can get him to that next level in the next 12-18 months. Honestly, the same goes for Pettersson.
It's what Horvat had to deal with (and he's pretty ordinary compared to those two; but had enough personal strengths/mental fortitude to stick it thru - eg., being thrown in the deep end of the pool under Willie D). Organization under the previous regime had a horrible way of dealing with prosects. Sink or swim was their motto.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I feel like there’s going to be an emotional letdown here and the team is going to be flat. The Leafs on HNIC with opposing fans invading the building versus game 62 against Nashville in front of a mostly empty barn is going to be a stark difference.

Reported to mods for lack of enthusiasm.

Jesus Christ I need the back story to that. Are soccer trainers embellishing now too by smoking dudes in the ass? Has soccer gotten that ridiculous?

• Haha
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad