Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 4-2 (Garland, Wouters, Miller, Pearson)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Nice to see the Boys win for the Folks who forked out double the normal ticket price to watch it Live. A little bit of everything in this one.

CF643B54-55CB-4BA4-B4B4-0979BF8293C6.gif

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Larscheid was goofy but he was generally a professional and provided solid commentary. Hirsch sounds like some drunk guy with a grade 10 education they pulled out of the stands who is just spewing random shit, most of which is wrong.
Like I said; check his coffee cup..
But I'm glad he was enjoying himself and having fun.

Beating the Flames (1/4 of a team) is a win!

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Out of the bunch fighting for a fourth line spots only Gadjovich who I thought had a great game stood out.

Lockwood Chiasson Wouters were decent.

Highmore, Dowling, MacEwen were terrible. I don't want to see MacEwen any where near this team dude got a great pass in the slot from Pod and somehow put it over the net into the corner. Its was apparent last year, this year and the year before that. He just is not an NHL player.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Out of the bunch fighting for a fourth line spots only Gadjovich who I thought had a great stood out.

Lockwood Chiasson Wouters were decent.

Highmore, Dowling, MacEwen were terrible. I don't want to see MacEwen any where near this team dude got a great pass in the slot from Pod and somehow put it over the net into the corner. Its was apparent last year this year and the season before that. He just is not an NHL player.
Every time i hear management talk about MacEwen they seem to really love his game. I dont know why they are so enamored with him. I agree though, Gadjovich is the player i'd like to see given some time on the 4th line.

Reactions: Ozone

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Every time i hear management talk about MacEwen they seem to really love his game. I dont know why they are so enamored with him. I agree though, Gadjovich is the player i'd like to see given some time on the 4th line.

I really liked Zack’s game to end the 19-20 season and the bubble training camp. He’s fallen off outside of the forbort fight since.

Reactions: Peen

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I really liked Zack’s game to end the 19-20 season and the bubble training camp. He’s fallen off outside of the forbort fight since.

Yup. Everything seemed to be coming together for him at the end of that year ... and then last year just was a total write-off where Green seemed to have no confidence in him and you could see his confidence crash.

Everything comes down to his skating. If he keeps his feet moving, he can be a load. If he starts gliding a lot, he looks really sluggish. Tonight was the latter.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
He's the enforcer on this team and this season already looks like a rough one. No use cutting the guy if he's willing to 13th forward or play in Abbotsford.

I think Lockwood and Gadjovich have earned a shot ahead of him, they've been tracking him down for a couple years now and about to pass him. We need to see potential top 9 options rather than 4th line filler like Highmore/MacEwen/Di Giuseppe. Those guys are still useful though incase Sutter and Motte are out long-term.

Reactions: Ozone

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Larscheid was goofy but he was generally a professional and provided solid commentary. Hirsch sounds like some drunk guy with a grade 10 education they pulled out of the stands who is just spewing random shit, most of which is wrong.

Larscheid would also tell it how it was. I remember him just ripping into the team after crap performances during the WCE years. His outburst after the Wild-Canucks 2003 series was hilarious.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Larscheid would also tell it how it was. I remember him just ripping into the team after crap performances during the WCE years. His outburst after the Wild-Canucks 2003 series was hilarious. Just ripped into Cloutier and Jovo.

Yup. For a 'football guy' he knew his hockey pretty well and was rare in that he was a fan but not a homer and not afraid to criticize the team.

His rant when Jamie Macoun cheapshotted a Canuck in 1994 when the Leafs were getting typical Leaf favourable ref treatment was the greatest colour commentator moment in franchise history.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
that was a rough flames line up. i learned a little but who knows when they play a better team.

garland is quite a good hockey player. better than i thought

i like depietro

poolman is invisible in a good way.

oel looks exactly like a top pair dman to me. will wait to see how he does in a gritty shut down role, but he looked like he was barely breaking a sweat.

woo looks like he will be a solid nhl player with a little more seasoning. he is going to have to up the intensity and execution but i like his game.

rathbone faded as the game progressed for a second straight game. he's awesome carrying play, and he has a decent dzone effort, but he becomes a worry when we are back on our heels and he is most definitely not bringing the puck out as i would have hoped.

juolevi looked ok but is trying too hard. he took some poor chances to hold the blue line. i feel like he could be a much better player if he ever got comfortable.

i appreciated gadjovic's effort and i think he in the conversation for a call up,

lockwood had a way better game.

wouters is a nice hockey player.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Oct. 1st game (Friday) in Calgary will be on SN 1, thank gawd.

Tonight really made me appreciate Shorty & Cheech.
Wholeheartedly agree with this.....the sooner I can ditch Sportsnet 650 the better....Riccio and Shaw might be worst intermission tandem I've ever heard on a Vancouver radio station and I've been listening Canuck broadcasts for more than 40 years. Almost unlistenable.

It was actually interesting to follow the game streaming on the Flames website....couldn't get anything off the Canucks site. No sound of course, but for whatever reason the play-by-play on Sportsnet 650 was about 30 seconds delayed from the actual game action. Made you realize how poor the radio broadcast really is.

Too bad we lost TSN 1040 for the Canuck post-game show.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Yeah I don't really get what they see. Kind of feels like Chaput 2.0

Reactions: Prometheus

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Yeah I don't really get what they see. Kind of feels like Chaput 2.0
MacEwen was legitimately a good project 4th liner and now he just looks like shit

I think the positivity re big mac made sense at the time. Just hasn't worked out and I don't want to get into why

Reactions: VanIsle23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad