Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 4-2 (Garland, Wouters, Miller, Pearson)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Have you seen the players the Flames are icing for this game? You probably got off lucky. I understand the game will be streamed on Canucks.com.

Don't underestimate a lunch bucket lineup with something to prove. The Canucks iced less than 1/5th of a team and didn't get their doors blown out by a full Kraken roster.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Don't underestimate a lunch bucket lineup with something to prove. The Canucks iced less than 1/5th of a team and didn't get their doors blown out by a full Kraken roster.
This happens every pre season..a no name squad beats the legit starters, and everybody loses their shit...I remember a few years back, essentially the Utica Comets beating the Flames top starters.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
That may well be.....but who wants to pay $80 bucks to see a Flames lineup that even the old Abbotsford Heat would have put to shame?
The families further out in the mainland who don’t have the time or money to go to Canucks games frequently.

Unfortunate that they didn’t price it to to sell out.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Betting canucks to lose yesterday was the easiest money of the year not including crypto.
This games not quite as easy money but still going to throw a bunch on Vancouver, should beat that ahl flames roster for sure.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Looks like another roster that is light on veterans (I count about 8 regulars) for tonights game, which is probably the best course of action. Quickly figure out what you're working with from your kids and AHL/tweener types in the first 2 games and then do a mass cut afterwords.

Dipietro/Silovs tonight too.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Looks like another roster that is light on veterans (I count about 8 regulars) for tonights game, which is probably the best course of action. Quickly figure out what you're working with from your kids and AHL/tweener types in the first 2 games and then do a mass cut afterwords.

Dipietro/Silovs tonight too.

Short of Woo in for Schenn, this is actually the best blueline they can dress, shockingly. Or best in Green's eyes at least.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
I think someone told the Flames that they couldn't play any of the ex-Canucks they have on their roster, hence why half their NHL team isn't playing.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Kraken will have problem scoring goals this season. They aren't going to be blowing the doors off anybody barring Cloutier coming out of retirement & playing for the opposition.

Holy f*** Gudbranson is bad. He would be a mediocre AHLer at this point, but somehow is making more than double league min to be an absolute garbage can.
As dumb as Benning is, there will always be at least one GM that'll top him.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Short of Woo in for Schenn, this is actually the best blueline they can dress, shockingly. Or best in Green's eyes at least.

That is...insanely depressing. Every time I've gotten kind of optimistic about the team this summer with how nice the top-9 is looking, I always get dragged back down to earth when I remember the D-core, the cost of what we get from our D-core, and the overall team D that we have historically played.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
woo could start the season the way things are going right now.
These are the things that start an NHL career. One guy decides (or has others decide for him) that he no longer can be in the NHL despite expectations, and a kid decides he's going to take that opportunity to grab that spot. Woo is in the perfect position to say "this position is mine". Let's see how it all plays out.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
These are the things that start an NHL career. One guy decides (or has others decide for him) that he no longer can be in the NHL despite expectations, and a kid decides he's going to take that opportunity to grab that spot. Woo is in the perfect position to say "this position is mine". Let's see how it all plays out.
High 1st round picks tend to get alot more slack/rope (Joulevi). It isn't fair but it's just reality that a 2nd round pick like Woo likely won't get that same 'benefit of the doubt'. I do think Woo will eventually 'make it to the big show'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad