Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 3-2 (SO) (McWard, Pettersson - Kuzmenko SO Winner)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: April 8th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC & Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Kravtsov-Pettersson-Garland
Di Giuseppe-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Åman-Studnicka
Kuzmenko-Dries-Beauvillier

Hughes-Burroughs
Hirose-Myers
Bear-McWard

Demko

Flames Line-Up:

Dube-Lindholm-Toffoli
Huberdeau-Backlund-Mangiapane
Ritchie-Kadri-Coleman
Lucic-Lewis-Duehr

Weegar-Andersson
Hanifin-Tanev
Zadorov-Stecher

Markstrom

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
i would rather they play bear and hirose together and see how they handle the forecheck against strong opposition, because if i’m building a blueline for next season, those are the in-house candidates i am most likely pencilling into the bottom pair (provided hirose gets stronger).

they need stronger guys higher in the lineup.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Flame forecheckers will have that Canucks blueline plastered up against wall for entire night. If Sutter has the Flames playing 'big-boy' hockey again, it'll be a long night for the likes of Myers, Bear, Burroughs, Hirose and McWard.

Still, a win by the Canucks to derail the Flames playoff hopes would be sweet.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
A friend couldn't go so he gave me his tickets, so that's pretty neat.
letterkenny-must-be-nice.gif

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Flame forecheckers will have that Canucks blueline plastered up against wall for entire night. If Sutter has the Flames playing 'big-boy' hockey again, it'll be a long night for the likes of Myers, Bear, Burroughs, Hirose and McWard.

Still, a win by the Canucks to derail the Flames playoff hopes would be sweet.
Despite being outshot by a 2 to 1 margin by the Flames last week,..they were lucky to escape with that win IMO...That blown call by the linesman completely changed the momentum.

Demko> Marky for starters..

The Myers/Brisebois pairing was diabolical..both got their wires crossed and were responsible for Toffoli and Stecher to saunter in off the wing, completely unmarked.

Tomorrow night will be Hirose/Myers,which wont eradicate..but should at least cut down on Tyler Myers' adventures.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I didn’t really watch last game but considering the team won and it was a shutout what did Kuze do to get bumped to the fourth line?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Hirose and survive and thrive out there with Tyler Myers, then he might have a future on the Canuck blueline next year after. For a rookie d-man, being paired with Myer is the hockey equivalent of Full Metal Jacket boot camp.

Canucks have tired just about everybody with him this season....even Hughes. And they all got dragged down by the ankles. But so far Hirose is holding his own---truly amazing.

Reactions: Grantham

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Really depends who the Canucks start between the pipes......if Demko were to get into a groove, he could almost singlehandedly derail the Flames playoff hopes. But if they go back to Delia, it's game over.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015

What kind of analogy is that. I have thought Tocchet has done a pretty good job in the media, and letting fans know about how he view things and his thought processes. Without the fluff we usually get from coaches and Management. But that was corny as heck.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I’m another tire fire year if a tire fire decade it would be nice to be responsible for knocking the flames out.

We won’t. We will lose. Because we are Canucks.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’m another tire fire year if a tire fire decade it would be nice to be responsible for knocking the flames out.

We won’t. We will lose. Because we are Canucks.
I’m taking it as a win-win situation lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad