Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Stars 3: Hansen successfully escapes from prison, falls over

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
As long as I'm over here...what do you guys think of that Kassian trade? Has it worked out for you? I know a lot were opposed to trading Hodgson.

He's been inconsistent, some nights looks like a complete beast, other nights is invisible or a complete liablility. He's a work in progress but most are happy we have him.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
As long as I'm over here...what do you guys think of that Kassian trade? Has it worked out for you? I know a lot were opposed to trading Hodgson.

Tough to say canucks fans always over value our players whenever they leave. Erhoff is treated like a king for his offensive abilities around here.

I still think its a lateral trade, kassian fought and had an assist tonight. Some bad giveaways.

I watched the buffalo game tonight, hodgson was out on the PK and looked to have no idea what was going on, leafs scored easily, until his defensive ability improved he was likely prone to being benched and 4th line duties. Making him more unhappy.

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto

I was super against the trade, both last year and at the beginning of this season, but Kassian has really won me over. It's not just that scoring spree to start the season, but even over the last few games when he's been slumping he's shown good things. Guys like him that can hit and fight and score and pass are a rare commodity, and having him is certainly an asset. Hodgson's not having a bad season in Buffalo, and I don't doubt that he'll have a good career in this league, but especially with the emergence of Schroeder I think we're a better team with Kassian.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
That last power play wasnt as good as some are making it out to be, Dallas had to press and we didnt have to shoot, sticking to the ouside and working the puck around isnt that difficult, especially when the Stars had to run around to try to force a turnover.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
we need to acquire 2 more plays from florida.

Then we have a 90s DRW style 5 man unit with Booth/Ballard/Garrison (+ Luongo).

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Kesler was making some idiotic moves out there. He used to be much more of a team player than he is now.

And I think he puts too much pressure on himself.

It's been like that since the 2011-12 season. He needs to go back to the basics and cure himself from Ovechkinitis

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
That last power play wasnt as good as some are making it out to be, Dallas had to press and we didnt have to shoot, sticking to the ouside and working the puck around isnt that difficult, especially when the Stars had to run around to try to force a turnover.

Since the canucks weren't trying to score though, they did exactly what they wanted to do. It is a notable accomplishment to spend an entire 2 minute powerplay in the offensive zone, whatever the circumstances.

Outside99*

Edler on playing with Tanev: It's easy. He's poised and has good hockey sense. Easy.

goodluckchuck

Apr 22, 2012
couldn't watch the game cause of an exam.

can someone do a quick cliff of how the team played and how schneider was in net?

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Edler on playing with Tanev: It's easy. He's poised and has good hockey sense. Easy.

Bieksa's comment from the post season was the best "it's like he was playing with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth".

Tanev has got to be one of the biggest steals in the NHL.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I was happy with Jason Garrison's play tonight. The play of the Canucks I was not happy with Schneider was shaky at some times. I think Schneider should play tomorrow still to keep his confidence up and prevent rust. I liked the Canucks defense

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Ballard-Garrison

Pairings were good.

EDIT: Lou not Schneids I just feel more confidence in Lou. Plus he has the stats to catch Anderson now I heard he was injured.
Luongo should start tomorrow, back to back.

See guys, I can not hate on Luongo :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad