Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Stars 3: Hansen successfully escapes from prison, falls over

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
As long as I'm over here...what do you guys think of that Kassian trade? Has it worked out for you? I know a lot were opposed to trading Hodgson.

Lindt

Apr 28, 2010
I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised about Kesler's tunnel vision. Ever since his ridiculous 40 goal season he thinks he has the scoring ability of Stamkos and has disregarded anyone on his line.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
The very much improved IMO - The defense. Impressed the heck outta me after a bad, bad first 35 seconds of the game. HamJuice seemed to have some trouble at times but at the end of the game I thought solid, not back to 2011 form, but solid. Edler and Tanev look like a great second pairing, pucks leaving the zone very quickly out there, very encouraging play even in disaster. Last but probably the most impressive was Garrison - Ballard. Unbelievable how well Ballard has been this year compared to the last two. He looks like has finally has a role that suits him on this team and Garrison is a very stabilizing force. Absolutely dynamite of a 3rd pairing if you ask me.

Very optimistic about the defense after this game. Possibly a turning point for this group? I guess we'll see soon enough.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
As long as I'm over here...what do you guys think of that Kassian trade? Has it worked out for you? I know a lot were opposed to trading Hodgson.

It is what it is.

Hodgson wouldn't be producing here because he wouldn't be getting top 6 time. Schroeder is playing 3C and all of us are pretty happy to have Schroeder-Kassian instead of Schroeder-Hodgson.

Plus Kassian might be the only Canuck anyone is actually truely afraid of.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
People criticizing the last PP... seriously? It was masterful. The last thing they wanted to do was start shooting and give Dallas a chance at possession. (Of course Kesler shot).

Yes Ryan didnt get the memo. Thought Garrison looked really good. Looks like a good pairing Garrison adds offense to the pairing now all three pairings can score. Kesler will get going i am not worried about him. Tanev helps Edler a lot along with being backon his strong side. Three strong units Tanev should be in the top 4 5on5.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I was happy with Jason Garrison's play tonight. The play of the Canucks I was not happy with Schneider was shaky at some times. I think Schneider should play tomorrow still to keep his confidence up and prevent rust. I liked the Canucks defense

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Ballard-Garrison

Pairings were good.

EDIT: Lou not Schneids I just feel more confidence in Lou. Plus he has the stats to catch Anderson now I heard he was injured.

Outside99*

Tanev with another good game. Which is to be expected I suppose given they're sheltered minutes.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Dont know if this was posted, but I slowed down the epic Schneider toe save and it turns out he didnt touch the puck. Edler bailed Schneider out huge there.

... Yup. What the above poster said.

Last edited:

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
Kesler was making some idiotic moves out there. He used to be much more of a team player than he is now.

And I think he puts too much pressure on himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad