Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1 vs. Blue Jackets 2 OT | Tort-al Victory, Corspe of Salo wins. PunsRGood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I heard that Vey guy is playing well. maybe someone is dumb enough to trade for him?

To bad Nonnis or Benning were opposition GMs eh?

No one is going to add Vey for a SC run, or Vrbata for that matter who is just mailing it in this year.

Great for the free falling draft position but he has very little trade value and any dreams for a 1st rounder have sunk with this season and his playoff track record.

How long till the flames and Oilers pass us?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Let's put this in perspective. Did the canucks deserve two points? Maybe but hard to say the Jackets also didn't. And that's the issue really. A game in which the canucks need 2 points, against the worst team in the league and they lose in OT. Yes the opposition goaltender played well but this is Exhibit A in why there is no such thing as an "easy" schedule for the canucks. What a lacklustre game...about what you'd expect from two lower third teams in the NHL.

A spot among the top 3 in the division is rapidly fading away. Sharks 6 up with a game in hand. Ducks 3 up with 2 games in hand. Still "hope" with the wildcard but they have several teams they need to jump. It takes a long time to make up 3 or 4 points that even if they do get themselves in the hunt on deadline day they won't have a firm grip on any spot. They need to sell.

Watched the Jackets broadcast and apparently Dorsett is building a house in the Columbus area. Maybe they'll take him back.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
To bad Nonnis or Benning were opposition GMs eh?

No one is going to add Vey for a SC run, or Vrbata for that matter who is just mailing it in this year.

Great for the free falling draft position but he has very little trade value and any dreams for a 1st rounder have sunk with this season and his playoff track record.

How long till the flames and Oilers pass us?

Oil will jump us this year, also vrbata should go and vey should be on horvats wing (somebody else said this and I agree)

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Was Miller show boating on the two shoot out attempts. He stood up while they were skating down and wasn't set for either 5 hole shot. Both beat him; one just miss the net.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
McCann struggled big time (and has for a while) but who had the brilliant idea of putting him on the wing and having him do the puck retrieval? The guy wasn't good at it in junior, what did they expect would happen two levels up?? Just shocking display of coaching and understanding of your players.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
McCann struggled big time (and has for a while) but who had the brilliant idea of putting him on the wing and having him do the puck retrieval? The guy wasn't good at it in junior, what did they expect would happen two levels up?? Just shocking display of coaching and understanding of your players.

I would rather have Virtanen playing on the wing right now than trying to play McCann there.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Mc Cann on the wing is a waste. and he is not effective there. I am also thinking that Mc Cann will spend a few years in Utica.. and be the 1st center called up

Next years Centers

1) Henrik Sedin

2) Bo Horvat

3) Brendan Sutter

4) Mike Zalewski ....

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Hockey has and always will be a game of inches.

few inches lower and the Canucks win last night. But no luck. Luck is 50% of the game

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
- Tanev is a hero, that top pairing was solid.

- Sedins had a lot of o-zone time and created a ton but couldn't finish.

- Same as above goes for the Vey ES line (to a slightly lesser extent).

- Vrbata falling well below 0.5 PPG. His value has already gone down from a 1st round pick to a 2nd and is pretty close to being a 3rd now.

- I don't remember disliking a player as much as I dislike Bartkowski. Maybe Glass or Rome several years back. He is completely awful and his arrogant stick tapping makes me want to smack him through the TV.

Usually I agree with most of what you say but gotta disagree here.

Sutter is a meh player overall but he was involved in at least 5 scoring chances for tonight and I thought McCann was kind of awful other than that one rush where he was set up by Dorsett.
agree with all of this.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
didnt Sutter start on the wing?

I think it only changed after McCann couldnt handle getting the puck through the neutral zone. McCann struggled mightily last night.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Watching the Jackets broadcast...was anything said on the canucks broadcast why McCann was inserted into the lineup instead of going with the "plan" and playing Virtanen?

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Sucks McCann cant be sent to Utica. That's the best place for him at the moment so he can get minutes/confidence. Once you've committed past 40 games with an underager you should be able to send him wherever the hell you want that's in the best interest of your team.

Also sucks that we lose boring 2-1 games. Don't mind the losing part just would prefer some entertainment being provided.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Watching the Jackets broadcast...was anything said on the canucks broadcast why McCann was inserted into the lineup instead of going with the "plan" and playing Virtanen?

Montreal is going to pick up Weber and then flip him to Vancouver for Virtanen and a 5th.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Mc Cann on the wing is a waste. and he is not effective there. I am also thinking that Mc Cann will spend a few years in Utica.. and be the 1st center called up

Next years Centers

1) Henrik Sedin

2) Bo Horvat

3) Brendan Sutter

4) Mike Zalewski ....

Desjardin needs to be canned ASAP if this is the kind of thoughts he invokes.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

Next years Centers

1) Henrik Sedin

2) Bo Horvat

3) Brendan Sutter

4) Mike Zalewski ....

Yeah McCaan doesn't seem to be productive at all in a long time.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

By whatever metric you use, Virtanen was one of their best forwards going into all-star
break....but after the break he benches him in favour of McCann who is forced to play the wing on the fourth line, so you essentially emasculate an entire line....I'm beginning to feel a little sorry for Willie...he's so far out of his depth as an NHL coach, these bizarre lineup decisions aren't even a source of frustration any more...just Willie being Willie.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Maybe he got too fat in disney land. Too many churros (those are really good though, can't blame him)

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
By whatever metric you use, Virtanen was one of their best forwards going into all-star
break....but after the break he benches him in favour of McCann who is forced to play the wing on the fourth line, so you essentially emasculate an entire line....I'm beginning to feel a little sorry for Willie...he's so far out of his depth as an NHL coach, these bizarre lineup decisions aren't even a source of frustration any more...just Willie being Willie.
This coach has been in over his head since last years playoffs just one more example last night.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Next year will be hard to not have McCann in the lineup without having his confidence take a blow. You don't let a kid make the NHL out of Jr and play him the whole season, not allow him to go to WJCs cause he's "too valuable to the club" and then turn around the next season and say yeah you're in the AHL now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad