GDT: Canes v Senators - El Nino is Coming

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I watched the game yesterday and truly saying he was not bad. But I have a question and I am trying to find an answer. You have a very talented kid who is going through a tough period. Why the hell you are never playing him on his side. I must say that I am a fan of him. I am following him already some years. Listen, he never ever played left wing. He is a right wing. Yesterday for example Brock played right wing on his line. Why why's why. Leave him play his natural side and truly saying a part from the first goal against he was one of the better forwards. 2,3 years time he will be top 5 wings of the game.
In his highlight reels I’ve seen him come down the left side so either he’s played there before or he just ends up there on occasion.

This year he’s played some of his best hockey on the left side. He’s shown himself to be able to create chances for himself over there, and it seems he can more consistently create shots. He also makes great passes, especially when he wraps around the net and comes out the other side on his forehand.

On his offside he hasn’t shown much ability to take the middle to create, not at this level. His best play is to drive wide on the backhand and try to get back to the middle which can be an exciting play but often leads to him forcing a bad angle shot on either hand, a stuff or a mostly blind pass. It’s a tough play in the NHL to create offense consistently with.

He may get there, and it may not take long but he started the season on the off wing and when he started to score it was when they moved him to the left. His lack of scoring likely has to do with the lack of offensive help he gets. Martinook, Wallmark, Williams and Rask have all mostly been black holes where offense dies.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskCanesFan

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Gm47 Vs. Ott: Canes lay an egg in 4-1 loss

by Matt Karash | Jan 19, 2019 | The Drive Home

Foegele/Maenalanen

This fourth line duo was not perfect either, but they did continue providing depth scoring from the fourth line which is significant.
Nino Niederreiter

In his Hurricanes debut, I thought Niederreiter looked good. His combination of power forward size with good agility and skating is part of the formula for a scoring power forward. Here is hoping that the change of scenery helps him become exactly that.
Gm47 Vs. Ott: Canes lay an egg in 4-1 loss in important game versus the Senators | Canes & Coffee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad