GDT: Canes v Senators - El Nino is Coming

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NattyChamp

Nov 3, 2017
You know what, full credit to Ottawa tonight. They played like the team fighting for their playoff lives.
They have to so they can make the Duchene trade look less of a disaster, Colorado is looking prime with that 1st rounder.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
We really need Staal, McStarter, and Bishop back so we can at least lose late in the 3rd period of a tied game or in OT after having 3 goal lead.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
If there is one person who deserves to be on our roster right now it’s Martin Necas and the one who doesn’t is Andrei Svechnikov. I know he was 2nd overall but man he is awful right now. Maybe a little bit of time under Vellucci’s guidance could do him some good.

Put him with some real line mates for once. Poor guy has been saddled with dusters all year. Look what line the Sens have Tkachuk on, an actual line with good skilled players. Wallmark is a black hole of offence.

Reactions: Tryamw

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Frustrating to continue this nightmarish Groundhog Day. Hot streak followed up by 0 points against the bottom feeders.

Never suck bad enough to rebuild through the draft; never good enough to hold down a playoff spot.
I know it’s a :deadhorse but we had three top ten picks we let go off last summer. We’ve had enough high picks to rebuild through the draft. When you say “well they have to be the perfect high picks” you’re just being fussy.

I question our development skills overall, with all due respect to Vellucci this year. Doesn’t matter that you get the picks if you don’t develop them right. Or trade them away.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
I know it’s a :deadhorse but we had three top ten picks we let go off last summer. We’ve had enough high picks to rebuild through the draft. When you say “well they have to be the perfect high picks” you’re just being fussy.

I question our development skills overall, with all due respect to Velluci this year. Doesn’t matter that you get the picks if you don’t develop them right. Or trade them away.
yeah the trades are baffling for sure. I definitely don't feel we need to be perfect. This year's lucky bounce withstanding, we normally pick in that "one of the first teams to guess" range and don't have a Svech or McD or Eich fall our way.

I mean, after this year we're right back to "who's our #1?" discussion. Who knows, maybe Vell can squeeze some juice outta Pu. Come to think of it, will Forslund have a tough time saying "Pu is pinching"?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
yeah the trades are baffling for sure. I definitely don't feel we need to be perfect. This year's lucky bounce withstanding, we normally pick in that "one of the first teams to guess" range and don't have a Svech or McD or Eich fall our way.

I mean, after this year we're right back to "who's our #1?" discussion. Who knows, maybe Vell can squeeze some juice outta Pu. Come to think of it, will Forslund have a tough time saying "Pu is pinching"?
:laugh:

You’re right, we have overall generally stayed middling enough to hurt our draft position without scaring anyone about making the playoffs. I can’t help myself but to vent.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
I watched the game yesterday and truly saying he was not bad. But I have a question and I am trying to find an answer. You have a very talented kid who is going through a tough period. Why the hell you are never playing him on his side. I must say that I am a fan of him. I am following him already some years. Listen, he never ever played left wing. He is a right wing. Yesterday for example Brock played right wing on his line. Why why's why. Leave him play his natural side and truly saying a part from the first goal against he was one of the better forwards. 2,3 years time he will be top 5 wings of the game.
If there is one person who deserves to be on our roster right now it’s Martin Necas and the one who doesn’t is Andrei Svechnikov. I know he was 2nd overall but man he is awful right now. Maybe a little bit of time under Vellucci’s guidance could do him some good.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
I watched the game yesterday and truly saying he was not bad. But I have a question and I am trying to find an answer. You have a very talented kid who is going through a tough period. Why the hell you are never playing him on his side. I must say that I am a fan of him. I am following him already some years. Listen, he never ever played left wing. He is a right wing. Yesterday for example Brock played right wing on his line. Why why's why. Leave him play his natural side and truly saying a part from the first goal against he was one of the better forwards. 2,3 years time he will be top 5 wings of the game.

Jets did exactly this same with that other 2OA winger Laine.

There was some great developmental idea to it I'm told.

Reactions: ClarkBolzano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad