GDT: Canes@Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I know the Canes can be frustrating at times, but honestly it can get so much worse.

It can always be worse. You could’ve been born a habs fan and not even realize something is wrong with you.

I'd like to remind you people that Jalen Chatfield is under contract through next season for just over the league minimum salary.

I’d like to see him locked into a longer deal this summer. 4 years or so. I think he’s worth it and can be a good second pairing guy in the future. Thanks, Vancouver.

Game number 69 no less.

Nice.

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
Nice.gif

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Thursday’s game will be big. A win will put us in a very good situation being up either 9-10 points on them with 10 games to go for them, very difficult to do. 6 points is much easier to overcome in that timeframe.

With Buffalo on a 3 game losing streak, that likely means we will only play 2 games in the last 9 against teams in a playoff spot (Isles and Florida). Buffalo will likely be done by game 78 as well.

1 goal and 2 assists before Thanksgiving. Playing at a 50ish point pace since then.
Im aware of his pace. Pointing out a fact about his career high, just hard to get excited about the number.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Thursday’s game will be big. A win will put us in a very good situation being up either 9-10 points on them with 10 games to go for them, very difficult to do. 6 points is much easier to overcome in that timeframe.

With Buffalo on a 3 game losing streak, that likely means we will only play 2 games in the last 9 against teams in a playoff spot (Isles and Florida). Buffalo will likely be done by game 78 as well.

Im aware of his pace. Pointing out a fact about his career high, just hard to get excited about the number.
Just adding context for others

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I suspect your mainboard post with "Game blouses" and calling them "bitches", might have something to do with that.

Every team needs a pest and every crime scene needs a detective.

Brayden Schenn with a pretty awesome play in OT. Broke his stick while on defense, so the Red Wings started toying with him as the high man in the zone.

Lucas Raymond ended up playing around with the puck in front of him, so Schenn was finally like **** this and just straight-up bodied him completely off the puck. Blues picked it up and went the other way with an odd-man break.

I was reading this...

ok...
ok....
go on...

then I expected to hear "then he reaches down and picks up Raymonds stick with a clean breakaway"

:dm:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Man some of these calls and non calls last night were egregious. That cross check by Trocheck in the third on Aho was the exact kind of stuff he got sent to the box all the damn time when he was here with the Canes and it was glaring that it wasn't called last night.

I know some like to gloss over reffing in this league, but that kind of shit that we saw last night, with the exact players who were penalty machines with us, signing with a bigger market team about 6 months back, not changing his game and now being allowed to run rampant against us without calls is horseshit. It really does come across as the league calling penalties on us differently than they do against big market teams, especially when we are playing each other. Its the same bullshit we saw against Boston in the playoffs, against the Rangers in the playoffs last year, and now seeing someone who could not stay out of the box in Raleigh now getting the 'refs look the other way' in New York is bullshit.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I know it’s just one game and all, but I can’t help but be kinda tickled that despite all the loading up on big name players and players throwing weight around not wanting to play anywhere but NY, who carried the load for the winning team in this game? Undrafted Jalen Chatfield and decade long AHL journeyman Stefan Noesen.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Man some of these calls and non calls last night were egregious. That cross check by Trocheck in the third on Aho was the exact kind of stuff he got sent to the box all the damn time when he was here with the Canes and it was glaring that it wasn't called last night.

I know some like to gloss over reffing in this league, but that kind of shit that we saw last night, with the exact players who were penalty machines with us, signing with a bigger market team about 6 months back, not changing his game and now being allowed to run rampant against us without calls is horseshit. It really does come across as the league calling penalties on us differently than they do against big market teams, especially when we are playing each other. Its the same bullshit we saw against Boston in the playoffs, against the Rangers in the playoffs last year, and now seeing someone who could not stay out of the box in Raleigh now getting the 'refs look the other way' in New York is bullshit.
yes Ranger's fans are complaining that the refs calls changed the game because they didnt call stuff on us that allowed us to score after. Slew foot, elbows, galore. Its like we did sign Subban.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I know it’s just one game and all, but I can’t help but be kinda tickled that despite all the loading up on big name players and players throwing weight around not wanting to play anywhere but NY, who carried the load for the winning team in this game? Undrafted Jalen Chatfield and decade long AHL journeyman Stefan Noesen.
Yeah, the rags big boys got shut the f*** down last night.

9D47CDC0-30FF-479E-9EAD-0F025223C11B.jpeg

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

I didn’t see much of the game - I did see a Necas highlight sequence where I was surprised none of the plays were called penalties.

I’m going to BBA this one. I’m not sure that Trocheck is “getting away” with more or less.

Penalty minutes/games played

20PIM/47GP (Canes)
79PIM/81GP (Canes)
49PIM/71 GP (Rangers)

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Go read the rangers boards if you're curious as to why the hate for them is so intense.

The entitlement of pens fans
The arrogance of leafs fans
The general shit attitude of buffalo fans
All served up on one big bandwagon, with a side of "NASCAR no fan having blah blah" that's just as generally obnoxious as Boston fans.

Meanwhile the main reason your team exists the way it does, is that players force their way there, and you get literally the best of / benefit of everything. Except the disgusting, overcrowded prison state you live in. Guess I'd be a bitter angry shitbird too if I had to live in that dump.

Reactions: zman77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad