GDT: Canes @ Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
"League is becoming a joke. Not much you can even do anymore."

"The war room trying so hard not to appear biased.. in what world is that conclusive evidence? What happened to you need 100% certainty to overturn the call on the ice? Mother ****"

"Bozak turned his skate. He didn't kick it. ******** call."

"WHo cares if it's a kicking MOTION. geeze.
and now we have a penalty to kill. pfft."

RoyalDuder

Dec 26, 2011
NY
Wow, the Leafs are embarrassing. They're completely blowing my fantasy since he has Staal and Semin >_<

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Consensus on the Leafs GDT seems to be that the goal should've counted because Bozak "didn't do it on purpose, he had no choice but to kick it or run into Ward."

For such a "hockey market," they really don't get how hockey works, do they... :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, here's one, the War Room is "trying too hard to be unbiased." :laugh:

Reactions: MinJaBen

WWAD

Aug 20, 2009
NHL On the Fly just showed the Bozak "kick" and had no problem with the no-goal call, but then said Skinner got robbed of a penalty shot. :laugh:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
What has been out of line? All were legit, if borderline.

That Tlusty tripping call was weak. The Leafs player didn't make any movement to trip Tlusty, he simply stood his ground and Tlusty skated into him.

If that's going to be called, might as well tell defensemen they can't play defense. Maybe the Canes got the memo early..

EDIT: Oh god, Lennay and I agree in something...

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
What has been out of line? All were legit, if borderline.

1. Apparently stopping before you plow into the goalie is conclusive evidence of a "kicking motion."

2. The hit on Tlusty was a perfectly legitimate hockey hit. It just looked bad. You gotta keep your head up out there though.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
1. Apparently stopping before you plow into the goalie is conclusive evidence of a "kicking motion."

2. The hit on Tlusty was a perfectly legitimate hockey hit. It just looked bad. You gotta keep your head up out there though.

True, but a kicking motion is conclusive evidence of a kicking motion. Intent doesn't matter, even if he was trying to stop before he hit Ward the puck was kicked in, not directed in.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
That Tlusty tripping call was weak. The Leafs player didn't make any movement to trip Tlusty, he simply stood his ground and Tlusty skated into him.

If that's going to be called, might as well tell defensemen they can't play defense. Maybe the Canes got the memo early..

Knee on knee, they look for excuses to call penalties on those. If the Leaf player had led with the shoulder, it would have been a perfectly clean hit.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Chuck Kaiton answered my question regarding Justin Faulk. So we can thank one Bert Marshall, who was "doing cartwheels" when we came to pick and Faulk was ready to be drafted.

Apparently, they were blown away by his hockey sense (and it's really noticeable, actually).

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
True, but a kicking motion is conclusive evidence of a kicking motion. Intent doesn't matter, even if he was trying to stop before he hit Ward the puck was kicked in, not directed in.

Is a stopping motion the same as a kicking motion in the rule book? If so it needs to be revised.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Chuck Kaiton answered my question regarding Justin Faulk. So we can thank one Bert Marshall, who was "doing cartwheels" when we came to pick and Faulk was ready to be drafted.

Apparently, they were blown away by his hockey sense (and it's really noticeable, actually).

I remember a quote from that draft saying the Ducks were heartbroken when Faulk got drafted like 5 picks before them, they were dreaming of a future Faulk-Fowler pairing and felt he got snatched out from under them.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

EDIT: Oh god, Lennay and I agree in something...

He stuck his leg out. I'm glad they called it because the timing should not dictate whether or not it's a penalty. Call it a makeup for Skinner not getting a penalty shot if you want.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Is a stopping motion the same as a kicking motion in the rule book? If so it needs to be revised.

A kicking motion is swinging your leg. Bozak conclusively did that. While his leg was swinging, he hit the puck with his foot. That is called "kicking" something.

I don't think the rulebook is what's in question here, but I'm pretty sure with a valid ticket stub you can get a pretty good deal at Eye Care Associates! ;)

smi

Jun 14, 2011
Leafs fans whining about the call on three different threads. Four, if you include their GDT.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
How was bozak stopping? He was behind Staal and standing still. He moved his leg to get in better position, the puck hit his skate and he slid his foot forward.

Kicking motion.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Pens fan just wanting to say congrats to Jordan Staal for his first goal as a Cane. First of many I'm sure. Good luck the rest of the way.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
A kicking motion is swinging your leg. Bozak conclusively did that. While his leg was swinging, he hit the puck with his foot. That is called "kicking" something.

I don't think the rulebook is what's in question here, but I'm pretty sure with a valid ticket stub you can get a pretty good deal at Eye Care Associates! ;)

interesting. thanks

I think the rule book should distinguish between swinging motions of the leg that are for stopping and swinging motions of the leg that are for kicking.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He stuck his leg out. I'm glad they called it because the timing should not dictate whether or not it's a penalty. Call it a makeup for Skinner not getting a penalty shot if you want.

He didn't stick out his knee. The knees collided, yes, but neither player made a move to force that collision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad