GDT: Canes in Vancouver 10:30 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Shoutout Parma

musei_del_cibo.jpg

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2016
N
Surely 4 games are few, but yesterday I had the distinct feeling that Nino is more functional with Aho than Ferland. The 3-2 goal showed us how much space Nino creates for Seabass.
Nino has more skill than Ferland. Ferland can finish, but from what I have seen so far Nino can create on his own some too.

NN - Aho - TT Has the potential to be the Canes best first line since Staal Semin and Tlusty in the lockout year

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Surely 4 games are few, but yesterday I had the distinct feeling that Nino is more functional with Aho than Ferland. The 3-2 goal showed us how much space Nino creates for Seabass.

They have good chemistry. I really like Ferland, and we're not in a position to be turning away players that can finish, but the NN acquisition definitely makes signing Ferland optional, especially if he's asking for anymore than NN's salary.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
They have good chemistry. I really like Ferland, and we're not in a position to be turning away players that can finish, but the NN acquisition definitely makes signing Ferland optional, especially if he's asking for anymore than NN's salary.

When it was getting chippy last night though, I found myself yearning for some Ferland ice time. If Canes ship out both Faulk and Ferland, then our only guy who would even consider an altercation is McGinn. :help:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
he was talking favorably about ned being a goalie that "wanted the moment" and waxed poetic about his own experience in saying that the reason he wasn't successful as a professional is because in the big moments he was always hoping to not let a soft one in as opposed to wanting to make the huge save that defined the game. really candid moment
Tripp was more emotional and reflective than I remember seeing him. I wanted to give him a hug tbh.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
I know every team tries to help a teammate get a hat trick, especially with MT Knetter. However, I was impressed that Aho was doing everything he could (TT also) to find Niederreiter on the 5-on-3. Aho also made some short comment to the official after the Williams' embellishment penalty.
Aho is becoming a young star, he is also cementing his role as the next long-time captain.

See I completely disagree with this, they were obvious and basically neutralized the 5 on 3. Thankfully they were up big enough and didn't blow anything, but there was more than enough time left for things to go south, and being as useless as they were on PPs in the 3rd can be a big turning point. That wasn't the time to mess around

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Did I miss somewhere what Nino did to set Roussel off?

See I completely disagree with this, they were obvious and basically neutralized the 5 on 3. Thankfully they were up big enough and didn't blow anything, but there was more than enough time left for things to go south, and being as useless as they were on PPs in the 3rd can be a big turning point. That wasn't the time to mess around

It's pretty embarrassing to have 0 5v3 goals.

Tripp was more emotional and reflective than I remember seeing him. I wanted to give him a hug tbh.

I'd imagine a scenario like that (Ned's first start) hit hard with his father's recent passing. Hopefully he doesn't have any "I wish my dad could have seen me play in the NHL" type thoughts, because the guy has made a hell of a career for himself, and for all his quirkiness seems to be a really solid guy.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

He's a bottom 6er when he's up, no doubt about that, but he's teetering on being a legitimate full-time NHLer.

He has 6 points in 11 games with the big club this year. Obviously he won't sustain a 45 point pace over a full season, but if he can consistently put up 10+10 that's got value as a bottom 6er.

Side note: in writing this post I was once again reminded that comparing a call-up's output to Victor Rask this season is a fallacy, as Victor Rask didn't do much to "prove" he was an NHL caliber player this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad