GDT: Canes in Vancouver 10:30 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Having said all that, he belongs *nowhere near* a power play.

Currently team's top-scoring d-man

also leads team d-men in PP points

giphy.gif

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Ned is such a likeable, personable, funny guy, too. Congrats to him. I thought he was pretty terrific tonight. I liked his aggressiveness playing the puck. I think it made the defense look better, because -- for whatever reason -- our D seems to struggle with cross-corner dump-ins.

I also like -- and I realize this is weird -- that his equipment looks used and worn. I hate how Darling's stuff always looks perfectly new. It's like he cared more about looking good than playing well.

OK, that's the last time I'll bring him up. I hope Ned is our full-time backup next season. Who knows who the starter should be, but I think Ned deserves it.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Aho's two assists put him to 35 and unlocks $212,500 for him in that bonus category. He's three points away from hitting his full bonus on raw stats categories alone, racing Matt Tkachuk to it who's 2A and 3P away.

Marner sadly beat both to it tonight with scoring his one lacking goal. Also Colorado got some guy Rantanplan. #tears

Mentally and physically fragile B-boys Laine and Matthews have put their hands in the air, oh yeah, like they just don't care.

Besides Tkachuk, Aho is tied in points to Crosby, Ovechkin and Stamkos.

Last edited:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Ned is such a likeable, personable, funny guy, too. Congrats to him. I thought he was pretty terrific tonight. I liked his aggressiveness playing the puck. I think it made the defense look better, because -- for whatever reason -- our D seems to struggle with cross-corner dump-ins.

I also like -- and I realize this is weird -- that his equipment looks used and worn. I hate how Darling's stuff always looks perfectly new. It's like he cared more about looking good than playing well.

OK, that's the last time I'll bring him up. I hope Ned is our full-time backup next season. Who knows who the starter should be, but I think Ned deserves it.

ned plays a style that hasn't typically fared well behind carolina defense and john was spot on with his description of calling him a battler. there are times when his size dictates he overplay the puck and cheat early into his movement laterally, which can put him in a lot of jailbreak situations. with that said, he was good tonight and played steady with the lead which was a welcome change. give him another one.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
saw something that bothered me a bit about svechnikov when he coasted into a corner battle he could have outskated if he kept his legs moving. he does a lot of gliding that way at times and attempts to win stick battles when he could win skate battles. haven't been in love with his play on the defensive side.

they were really pumping the puck to nino tonight. it's clear that he's been asked to shoot everything that comes his way. he has such a high career shooting percentage and his shots attempted aren't consistent with a player that can finish the way he does. he's being asked to play a role here as primary shooter and the early returns are strong. they just have to be careful about becoming predictable the way they were on that 5 on 3 trying to finish the hat trick. in minnesota, he averaged less than 2 shots a game. he has 17 in 4 games with carolina. sometimes you can identify a player that isn't playing the right game and adjust his philosophy and see strong returns. it's hard to imbue someone with the selfishness of a natural goal scorer, but if he can keep his attempts this high what we're seeing might not be an aberration.

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
In canucs second goal, svech went to exchange while opponent had puck. He's actually following the situation and just when he sees that puck is lost to canucs, he turns to the go out. He basically left his spot/guy and they got 3on2.

Still young but have to learn to follow the situation to the end also regarding own end. He was only looking for opportunoty for attack but lost interest right away when that was lost

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I didn't stay up- gonna need some more details on this

he was talking favorably about ned being a goalie that "wanted the moment" and waxed poetic about his own experience in saying that the reason he wasn't successful as a professional is because in the big moments he was always hoping to not let a soft one in as opposed to wanting to make the huge save that defined the game. really candid moment

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
he was good tonight and played steady with the lead which was a welcome change. give him another one.
I know a lot of folks are worried about Ned's sv% the past two seasons. I think that is overstated. The thing about Ned is he wins games. He may lose a little focus when the team is behind late or ahead by 2 or more goals. In close/key games, he has been excellent in Charlotte.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
they just have to be careful about becoming predictable the way they were on that 5 on 3 trying to finish the hat trick.
I know every team tries to help a teammate get a hat trick, especially with MT Knetter. However, I was impressed that Aho was doing everything he could (TT also) to find Niederreiter on the 5-on-3. Aho also made some short comment to the official after the Williams' embellishment penalty.
Aho is becoming a young star, he is also cementing his role as the next long-time captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad