GDT: Canes at the WJC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
Even if we were to totally luck into #1, Kaako just seems like a better fit for us. I like to think with how Finns look up to Aho, his drive would rub off on him & push KK even harder. Maybe it’s just me.

Would I take Hughes - Duh, of course.

But I think with what he brings to the table & the possiblity of an Svech - Aho - Kakko line or ? - Necas - Kakko line.

Ok, back to work.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Even if we were to totally luck into #1, Kaako just seems like a better fit for us. I like to think with how Finns look up to Aho, his drive would rub off on him & push KK even harder. Maybe it’s just me.

Would I take Hughes - Duh, of course.

But I think with what he brings to the table & the possiblity of an Svech - Aho - Kakko line or ? - Necas - Kakko line.

Ok, back to work.
We pass on the best player in this draft because Kaako is from same country as Aho? I love the logic back in the time that we should pass on Dahlin because we have Slavin. Hughes is awesome, you don't pass because someone else is better fit. We are desperate for legit superstar here.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
I didn’t say for that reason. A lot of what I’ve read recently is that KK is getting better & even more confident & his club has moved him to Center, and that pushes him closer to Hughes. Whether that is long-term or not, IDK. The argument over Hughes/Kakko is getting tighter, is it not?

I’ve been wrong before & if I am, so be it. I’m eager to see how the WJC works out for a lot of players. Like I said, I'd take either & be totally content.

EDIT: Ugh - phone fingers.

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Necas looked so-so in the 1st. Had a good rush attempt and a few good stick plays but has been floating all over the ice without the puck. Zadina has looked more individually dangerous on his line.

CZE about to finish the last 2 minutes of the period with a PP.

Edit: one shot for Necas in the PP but he missed an open Zadina to take it. End of period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad