Confirmed with Link: Canadiens acquire 2024 1st (21OA) from the Kings for 2024 1st (26OA), 2024 2nd (57OA) and 2024 7th (198OA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Let's see what happens.

I was just saying I don't like picking at 57 because I felt the prospects there were 3rd round value, and was hoping we would move up to 40ish.
But trading out of the 2nd entirely was not what I was expecting.

EIther there's another trade coming or they have good intel someone like Chernyshov or Greentree makes it to 21. Definitely not targeting any defensemen.

Would be nice if we could find a team that needs a player like Harris, Struble or Barron and trade up from 21 with them.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
14th OA has a trade value of 297
15th OA has a trade value of 284

21st OA has a trade value of 218
Pretty sure that chart you reference says you can trade up to 1st with like the 8th and 15th overall picks, or maybe it's even less unless they reworked it

guys im starting to feel all funny in my pantaloons
My boy has hit puberty!

I'm so proud.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Habs and dinodebino

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The habs met Eiserman a few times, which was odd because it wouldn't make sense to pick him at 5 and he wouldn't be there at 26.

So my guess is the habs are expecting Eiserman to fall, and will try to get him. They might need to trade up again to do so.
Im thinking 21stOA plus a young D might get you 15thOA. Could even set us up for Senneke if he is there outside the top 10.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Looking at potential players available at that spot, I simply do not see that tier separation you're speaking off.

It's also a situation of a > b >> c but (1 - a) > (1 - b) * (1 - c), when it comes to the probability of drafting a quality player

Not sure where you are looking or how you evaluate prospects but every time I go through the excercise there is a clear drop off at 26 from the low 20's and clearly Hughes feels the same.

At 21 there is a possibility that players like Luchanko, MBN, Greentree, Hage etc will be available who I do not foresee any of these players making it to 26. Obviously not all of them will be available at 21. Others like Boisvert and Beaudoin who I like were hardly slam dunks to make it to us as well and being at 21 absolutely guarantees HuGo a shot at many of these players where it would have taken some luck for any of them to fall to us at 26. The value is also there in it gives us a potential avenue to moving closer, if not inside the top 15 where we can absolutely draft a top of the lineup kid. Perhaps even a Catton or Eiserman type depending on how the draft plays out.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Im thinking 21stOA plus a young D might get you 15thOA. Could even set us up for Senneke if he is there outside the top 10.

New jersey would be a good target tbh. See what they're looking for. Include the 21st. If you need to include some other futures. Having 5th and 10th this year would be massive. Imagine coming away with Demidov and a Catton, eiserman, Iginla, etc

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I wouldn't trade Barron, I'm still high on him and I feel we could regret letting him go.
I’ve seen enough. He’s got no heart or compete. He plays timid and soft and his hockey sense is lacking as well. People are holding out hope because he’s a lanky RHD. I don’t think there’s much there, unfortunately. I hope they unload him in a package for something that can actually help us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad