Canadian income tax questions

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
It's that time of year - Canadian personal income tax returns are due April 30th. If anyone has personal (or corporate) tax questions, post them here, and I'll try to answer them as time permits.

Three ground rules:

1. For liability purposes, I'm not stating my experience or credentials. As far as you know, my qualifications are "some guy on the internet".

2. By anonymously answering your question, this doesn't create a professional-client relationship between us. I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability, but I assume no liability in the event that I give you incorrect advice. (At the same time, if I don't know the answer, or your situation is too complex for this thread, I'll tell you that directly).

3. I'm not doing this to drum up business. This isn't a "search" for new clients.

Reactions: G F O P

iGetThatBread

Mar 18, 2018
It's that time of year - Canadian personal income tax returns are due April 30th. If anyone has personal (or corporate) tax questions, post them here, and I'll try to answer them as time permits.

Three ground rules:

1. For liability purposes, I'm not stating my experience or credentials. As far as you know, my qualifications are "some guy on the internet".

2. By anonymously answering your question, this doesn't create a professional-client relationship between us. I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability, but I assume no liability in the event that I give you incorrect advice. (At the same time, if I don't know the answer, or your situation is too complex for this thread, I'll tell you that directly).

3. I'm not doing this to drum up business. This isn't a "search" for new clients.
Can you help out @The Crypto Guy report his losses? He bought $50 of Bitcoin and he's never getting it back. It's unfortunate because that was his meal ticket out of his mom's 1 bedroom apartment.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Can you help out @The Crypto Guy report his losses? He bought $50 of Bitcoin and he's never getting it back. It's unfortunate because that was his meal ticket out of his mom's 1 bedroom apartment.
tumblr_nuzosmA7a21tdcoa6o1_500.gif

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think if you are Canadian and you have tax questions, you should give Alex Brown of the CRA a call, I'm sure he can help you out with each and everything, as long as he remembers he's the CRA and not the IRS :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad