Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Tough, tough, tough second half. I thought we were looking alright after the first 45 but man did the wheels ever fall off.

On to the next one and another big one it is!
I listened in for the first half and we seemed to trade punches, each getting some chances. Did the Dutch make adjustments to blow us open?

If Marsch wants a back 4... I understand it... just not sure that's what works for Davies and for the team. Adekugbe needs to get out of Vancouver and get healthy... Gutierrez completely fell off the map..

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
canadian fan but i am convinced whattever big club does come in for david eventually is gonna be getting a bustt he just does not look good when he plays any above average team hardly ever

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If Marsch wants a back 4... I understand it... just not sure that's what works for Davies and for the team. Adekugbe needs to get out of Vancouver and get healthy... Gutierrez completely fell off the map..
Davies needs to be hirer up the pitch imo. Hopefully Luc de Fougerolles can grow into the LB role and free up Davies in the years to come.

canadian fan but i am convinced whattever big club does come in for david eventually is gonna be getting a bustt he just does not look good when he plays any above average team hardly ever
Do you watch much of him at Lille? It's a much different story there, he has always looked more prolific at the club level in comparison to when he plays for Canada.

Also through his 4 years in Ligue 1 he has put up amazing stats. He has already been a success.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Davies needs to be hirer up the pitch imo. Hopefully Luc de Fougerolles can grow into the LB role and free up Davies in the years to come.

Do you watch much of him at Lille? It's a much different story there, he has always looked more prolific at the club level in comparison to when he plays for Canada.

Also through his 4 years in Ligue 1 he has put up amazing stats. He has already been a success.
ye i seen him there ligue 1 is hard to judge though lots of players light it up in ligue 1 and also the dutch league they struggle once move to england. his best bet would be go to bundesliga i think he could excel there like lille.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Having been at the F1's I waited to get back to the hotel to watch and did not have anyone ruin it for me.

I was beyond thrilled with this game. Yes we will always be susceptible on corners and free kicks not directly at goal, but there was so much composure tonight all over the pitch.

You can say it's down to no Mbappe but Davies had to contend with Dembele's artistry with the ball and athleticism... he was a handful.

I try to imagine what Canada could do with just a tad more technical ability with passing with the perfect weight on a run or when passing to the proper foot for someone else to shoot. So many crosses missed a Canadian jersey... Is it the cross or do we need more work on where we make the runs?

I imagine what could be here. Marsch kept the same 11 and went with Creps in goal and I'd say that's your 11 against Argentina. I will take back my feelings on Davies at LB at least for a day..

David was frustrated at the final whistle and I'd say it's down to the opportunities missed. The Kone pass, David taking it perfectly on the half turn and the run by Eustaqiuo into space.. if he sees it - goal. As it was that shot likely goes in if not for the work of Saliba.. A player now amongst the top in the World at his position.

What a night in Bordeaux!!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Big dates ahead in the Canada Club Soccer world:

1718043381752.png

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
ye i seen him there ligue 1 is hard to judge though lots of players light it up in ligue 1 and also the dutch league they struggle once move to england. his best bet would be go to bundesliga i think he could excel there like lille.
It also comes down to how you would define David's career. In a lot of ways I think he has passed the ceiling even his biggest fans had when he first started scoring for Genk back in the day.

England is not the be all, end all for players reaching their full potential. He could go there struggle to contribute and then end up back in a France/BuLi/Spain and do really well. English success does not mean overall success imo.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It also comes down to how you would define David's career. In a lot of ways I think he has passed the ceiling even his biggest fans had when he first started scoring for Genk back in the day.

England is not the be all, end all for players reaching their full potential. He could go there struggle to contribute and then end up back in a France/BuLi/Spain and do really well. English success does not mean overall success imo.
I honestly do not think he should leave Lille. He has a chance to play Champions League football most often than not and he is their striker.

If he wants Champions League football every year, he can move to a big club, but he'll be a back up.

I think his current situation is probably the best for him.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I honestly do not think he should leave Lille. He has a chance to play Champions League football most often than not and he is their striker.

If he wants Champions League football every year, he can move to a big club, but he'll be a back up.

I think his current situation is probably the best for him.
I think he needs to try to make a run at a bigger club. He has won the league already, been a leader in both in the goals and assists columns, and done most of what he can in France.

I also don't necessasiylu think he will be a backup. Rumours are his price will be around 60 million which is a lot to pay for a guy to be second option.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I think he needs to try to make a run at a bigger club. He has won the league already, been a leader in both in the goals and assists columns, and done most of what he can in France.

I also don't necessasiylu think he will be a backup. Rumours are his price will be around 60 million which is a lot to pay for a guy to be second option.
I honestly do not think he is a 60M player.

But, yeah, if he can be a starter for a big club, go ahead and move.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I honestly do not think he is a 60M player.

But, yeah, if he can be a starter for a big club, go ahead and move.
In this economy I think he can make a team very happy at that price point. At the club level he has always been a more productive player so I wouldn't judge based on CMNT performances.

Overall it will be interesting to see how the summer shakes up for him. Sounds like Roma is keen on him, I think that would be a great landing spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad