OT: Can the Raptors save this city?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Errol Swaghammer

Sep 1, 2011
I'd rate him subpar, but thats just me I guess. He's not Calderon defensively, but he's not good.

Ok just needed to say that is a ridiculous statement. Lowry is one of the better defenders in the league at the PG position, and he leads the entire league in charges taken this year, which shows how solid he is positionally.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Basketball has it's fanbase. But it's a very fairweather fanbase. A lot of bandwagon jumpers.

The Raptors just don't incite the kind of passion the leafs or even NHL hockey does in this city. Even if they make it far, you won`t see large crowds in Maple leaf square like you did for the Leafs Boston series. A few new eyeballs may watch on TV, but it`ll be very....meh...

More people talk about the Leafs not making it and how to fix them, than the Raptors winning. Around work (my work anyway) noone talks raptors. Look around cubicles, there isn`t much Raptors swag. Tons of Leafs. How many people put Raptors flags on their cars´... Heck I see more Habs flags than I do Raptors!

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Basketball has it's fanbase. But it's a very fairweather fanbase. A lot of bandwagon jumpers.

The Raptors just don't incite the kind of passion the leafs or even NHL hockey does in this city. Even if they make it far, you won`t see large crowds in Maple leaf square like you did for the Leafs Boston series. A few new eyeballs may watch on TV, but it`ll be very....meh...

More people talk about the Leafs not making it and how to fix them, than the Raptors winning. Around work (my work anyway) noone talks raptors. Look around cubicles, there isn`t much Raptors swag. Tons of Leafs. How many people put Raptors flags on their cars´... Heck I see more Habs flags than I do Raptors!

No one can compare to the Leafs. 100% agree.

However, if the Raptors make noise in the playoffs, this city will go bonkers. I have no doubt.

The city is craving a winning team.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
You likely won't see a Raptors square, but the atmosphere at a Raptors game is electric (especially when it's in the postseason). They know how to put on a show there.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
The Raptors seem more popular amongst the "visible minority" communities. The Leafs, more so, in the GTA and the more affluent segments. That said, I can't see the Raptors competing with the Leafs anytime soon. Much of it has to do with the fact that the team was generally quite mediocre.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Can the Raptors play hockey??? :naughty:

If no, then, there's no chance they can save a damned thing, never mind the City of Toronto! :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad