OT: Can the Raptors save this city?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
I get that basketball is not everyone's favorite sport, but could the Raptors garner the kind of excitement the Blue Jays or Leafs do if they make it past the first round?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The Raptors could win a Championship and the top story on TSN and SportsNet would be "Leafs re-sign Jay McClement to a 2 yr/3m dollar contract".

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The Raptors could win a Championship and the top story on TSN and SportsNet would be "Leafs re-sign Jay McClement to a 2 yr/3m dollar contract".

:biglaugh:

well remember, Chicago wins their first championship and what was the lead story? "well, the Leafs suck, I wonder when they win theirs?"

in this city it's always going to be

HOCKEY

everything else.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
:biglaugh:

well remember, Chicago wins their first championship and what was the lead story? "well, the Leafs suck, I wonder when they win theirs?"

in this city it's always going to be

HOCKEY

everything else.
And theres nothing wrong with that. Its like that way in nearly every city , so why is it so bad when it comes to Toronto

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Yeah, Tim turns the Raps and the FC into champions and is still a failure in the eyes of the city if the Leafs aren't a contender in 3 years.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
And theres nothing wrong with that. Its like that way in nearly every city , so why is it so bad when it comes to Toronto
You're really comparing Toronto to Calgary and Edmonton with their one team?

Although, every city has a number one sport, so there's that.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You're really comparing Toronto to Calgary and Edmonton with their one team?

Although, every city has a number one sport, so there's that.

right. my friend lives in Boston and she says when it comes to all their sports, the Bruins are like the 4th on the rung there.

Bluejaysfan*

right. my friend lives in Boston and she says when it comes to all their sports, the Bruins are like the 4th on the rung there.

Must be nice to be a Boston sports fan. I'd be satisfied if Toronto sports teams won even a 1/2 of the number of championships in my lifetime that Boston has won in the last decade

bursilym

Jan 9, 2014
Must be nice to be a Boston sports fan. I'd be satisfied if Toronto sports teams won even a 1/2 of the number of championships in my lifetime that Boston has won in the last decade

patriots >>> argos/bills
celtics>>>>>raptors
bruins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>leafs
boston mls team >>>>> Toronto FC

:cry::cry::cry:

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Basketball garners little interest in this city... So i doubt it, what about our playoffs last year.?

What a silly and uninformed statement.

Go over to realgm and take a look at how big of a fanbase the Raptors have.

Raptors are currently 10th in the NBA for attendance per game.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Need to get you guys a NFL football team. Basketball is the American equivalent of Curling.

Well you ARE from Atlanta so it makes sense you don't watch your team. Atlanta isn't a real sports town.

Basketball is probably #2 in America, especially right now.

And no, the Raptors cannot save Toronto because the Raptors, as a basketball team, are not as good as they are in the standings. They chuck too hard, can't play defense, and they lack the big name take over the game star that is needed to get you far in the playoffs. Team ball doesn't win in the NBA. They'll go to the second round probably but I doubt they get into the Conference finals, especially when you realize that if the top seeds win they'd have to face Miami in the 2nd round.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Well you ARE from Atlanta so it makes sense you don't watch your team. Atlanta isn't a real sports town.

Basketball is probably #2 in America, especially right now.

And no, the Raptors cannot save Toronto because the Raptors, as a basketball team, are not as good as they are in the standings. They chuck too hard, can't play defense, and they lack the big name take over the game star that is needed to get you far in the playoffs. Team ball doesn't win in the NBA. They'll go to the second round probably but I doubt they get into the Conference finals, especially when you realize that if the top seeds win they'd have to face Miami in the 2nd round.

They rank top 10 in defensive efficiency.
I understand the past few games they've been getting torched but that doesnt change the fact that they've been a really good defensive team this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad