Proposal: CAN - NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
pass, b'c I see upside in Gauthier and who has chemistry w/Chytil and they just need a finisher/sniper at the other W.
Skinner is not meh but at this pt I could see him going in the right package.
While I get this is a meat and potatoes solid return which earns kudos, not sure I want to add those guys/spend assets to do so.
They should sell Strome and give his mins to Chytil, Barron + Krav.
If there is an opportunity add we can consider it,

Who is the next PLD level talent who wants out? We need to have assets and other roster situation at the ready in case that type of situation arises, which it prob will - eventually

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Poehling = Barron
Habs should substitute Mysek, he's closer in age/seniority to Skinner

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Is team Canada legally allowed to trade Finnish players?

He's not finished, he is only 28.

Little Joke from Scotland xD

He's no Scottish ? Ah I thought he was Scottish.

Moral of the joke is on a Radio show in Scotland discussing which players should be called up to the National football team and someone calls in and says they are surprised that a player called Antti Niemi wasnt called up.

The radio host says that he is Finnish and the caller said he's not finished he is only 28 :laugh:

Legendary Scottish radio moment.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Artturi Lehkonen
Ryan Poehling
7th rounder 2022 (St Louis)

for

Julien Gauthier
Hunter Skinner
2nd rounder 2022 (St Louis)
4th Rounder 2022 (WPG)

Where is the first round pick plus that Lehkonen’s comparables, Goodrow and Coleman garnered last season?

The trade scenario in the OP doesn’t come close to Lehkonen’s value and is further diluted by adding Poehling (not that he’s shown much, but why include him).

If the Rangers won’t pay what Goodrow and Coleman were traded for, then there are several suitors reportedly vying for him. It doesn't matter if the market is different than last year -- not for Lehkonen since there are more than enough suitors to cause a bidding war and achieve last year's price or very close to it, for Coleman and Goodrow.

Last edited:

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Where is the first round pick plus that Lehkonen’s comparables, Goodrow and Coleman garnered last season?

The trade scenario in the OP doesn’t come close to Lehkonen’s value and is further diluted by adding Poehling (not that he’s shown much, but why include him).

If the Rangers won’t pay what Goodrow and Coleman were traded for, then there are several suitors reportedly vying for him. It doesn't matter if the market is different than last year -- not for Lehkonen since there are more than enough suitors to cause a bidding war and achieve last year's price or very close to it, for Coleman and Goodrow.

Coleman and Goodrow got what they got in a trade because both were locked into bargain deals for an additional season. Tampa paid handsomely for that as a team which was cap strapped. Lehkonen is due a new contract this summer and he will probably see a raise. He’s not a bargain cap hit like the other two.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Coleman and Goodrow got what they got in a trade because both were locked into bargain deals for an additional season. Tampa paid handsomely for that as a team which was cap strapped. Lehkonen is due a new contract this summer and he will probably see a raise. He’s not a bargain cap hit like the other two.
A fact that no one ever brings up. If the Habs move Lehkonen the return will be 2nd + B prospect imo

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Artturi Lehkonen
Ryan Poehling
7th rounder 2022 (St Louis)

for

Julien Gauthier
Hunter Skinner
2nd rounder 2022 (St Louis)
4th Rounder 2022 (WPG)
Not sure why the Habs do this. Not very interesting for them.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Lehkonen = Stl 2nd + Goat (1st rounder)
Poehling = Skinner
Mtl can keep the 7th rounder...
The fact Gauthier was drafted in the 1st rd 5 years ago doesn't mean he's worth a 1st rder, it's a terrible deal for the Habs.

If Habs do not get a Goodrow / Coleman return for Lekhonen, we'll just keep him, extend him and go from there. He's a good enugh bottom 6er and young enough to be part of the future of this team

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
A. Lehkonen is a 3rd line winger on a MTL team that is 31st in the League with 37 points. J. Gauthier is a 3rd line winger on a NYR team that is 5th in the League with 77 points.

Gauthier was acquired in a trade by Jeff Gorton as the NYR GM - he must see some value there, no? I am in no way saying Gauthier today has first round value, but his add to a 2nd rounder should be more than sufficient to acquire Lehkonen. We should just agree to disagree I suppose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad