Camp Set

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Thus far not such a great debut for the newbs Jackman & Hodgson and their combined -5.

But more frightening might be this new pairing of Jackman & Jones, combining for a very sad -7. Ouch.

Be swell if there were a few more WEEKS of pre-season games ;)

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Thus far not such a great debut for the newbs Jackman & Hodgson and their combined -5.

But more frightening might be this new pairing of Jackman & Jones, combining for a very sad -7. Ouch.

Be swell if there were a few more WEEKS of pre-season games ;)

Hodgson was very pedestrian.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Didn't really notice Jarnkrok tonight. Hodgson was meh, Bitetto was ok.
Jones still has trouble with the puck. Ribs not looking like a 1C.
But Seabass got in a fight, so we got that going for us.

Guess I'm still grumpy for being packed like a sardine into a new lower bowl seat. Definitely not for those 6'-0" and over. So take my review with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I think the takeaways tonight are Hutton is terribad, Bitetto isn't NL ready, Bass did good blocking punches with his face and we still have major questions on who get s PT between Watson, Moses and Arviddson.

And Hutton was bad.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Do you guys think Moses gets the 3rd line RW spot?

Despite not producing in the pre-season i honestly think Moses is better than Hodgson at the moment especially after he gets some more NHL hockey experience.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Do you guys think Moses gets the 3rd line RW spot?

Despite not producing in the pre-season i honestly think Moses is better than Hodgson at the moment especially after he gets some more NHL hockey experience.

CoHo is expected to play 3rd line center so he won't be taking Moses' job away. Arvidsson is the front runner to take the job from Moses. If Watson finally steps up then he might challenge for the position, but it's not expected.

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
Didn't really notice Jarnkrok tonight. Hodgson was meh, Bitetto was ok.
Jones still has trouble with the puck. Ribs not looking like a 1C.
But Seabass got in a fight, so we got that going for us.

Guess I'm still grumpy for being packed like a sardine into a new lower bowl seat. Definitely not for those 6'-0" and over. So take my review with a grain of salt.

I can concur on this. New seats are really nice, but the leg room still sucks for long legged people in the lower bowl anywhere above row MM.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I thought the new seats were closers together, front to back, last summer during the open house. Looks like that wasn't just my imagination.

And last night's game was pretty disjointed for the good guys. Watson's goal was the only thing you'd want to remember.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
That Jackman\Jones pairing was a mess all night long. Jackman looks about as mobile as Scott Hannan.

Jackman wasn't nearly as bad as Seth 'there's a grenade on my stick' Jones. I'll also give Jackman a pass since it was his first game with the team. And he has been injured.

I'm a little concerned our third line is going to be just as stinky as last year, but it's too early to say for sure.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Honestly, Hutton wasn't even stopping them in the preskate and Logan said when they played that little game where they get in close and shoot on the goalie the very first one went in. Hopefully it just wasn't his night--he looked better in the previous game I saw (wasn't there last Wednesday so it was in the double header, I guess). But...yikes.

Gotta say, I am definitely NOT in game shape yet. I'm going to have to step up my walking regimen.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
FWIW - Lavy said the Jones-Jackman paring has some issues that were systems based. Sounded like he wasn't too concerned. I don't think anyone should expect much from CoHo or Jackman at this point since they've missed some or most of camp.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I'll be dissappointed if devane or bass is on this roster to be quite honest. I hope they prove me wrong if it is the case.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Jackman wasn't nearly as bad as Seth 'there's a grenade on my stick' Jones. I'll also give Jackman a pass since it was his first game with the team. And he has been injured.

I'm a little concerned our third line is going to be just as stinky as last year, but it's too early to say for sure.

I agree, and it's my hope that Jones gets the veteran steadying presence from Jackman that he hasn't had. I get called out for being a Jones "hater" on this board, and I'm definitely not...I just a) don't think he'll ever be as good as some expect him to be and b)think that he has to be in a position to succeed, and that will likely always mean playing with someone that can cover him and let him wheel.

I'm pleasantly shocked that Moses didn't get a spot over Arvidsson just because of his contract. With Bitetto still in camp, I wonder if he and Bartley are fighting for that #7 job.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Kinda surprised` Moses was sent down. Since he has a 1 way contract according to OTF, could be the way they want to ease him into the league. There are others that have done less in camp. If they had given up on him I guess he would be on waivers. Hoped he could come in and make a splash. The more I look at the forwards the less I like what I see. Arvidsson deserves a chance I have said that all summer but when the puck drops I hope he does not disappear off the scoresheet. Not gonna bust on CoHo yet but hes got to step up. As to Devane or Bass I still think one of them makes the roster and Devane would be my choice of the two. As was pointed out by someone else this team is too soft and not talented enough to overcome that.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Kinda surprised` Moses was sent down. Since he has a 1 way contract according to OTF, could be the way they want to ease him into the league. There are others that have done less in camp. If they had given up on him I guess he would be on waivers. Hoped he could come in and make a splash. The more I look at the forwards the less I like what I see. Arvidsson deserves a chance I have said that all summer but when the puck drops I hope he does not disappear off the scoresheet. Not gonna bust on CoHo yet but hes got to step up. As to Devane or Bass I still think one of them makes the roster and Devane would be my choice of the two. As was pointed out by someone else this team is too soft and not talented enough to overcome that.
If Devane is on the roster, playing, whos spot is he taking?

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I've read that Moses is waiver exempt and if that is the case then we could see him back. He says the difference between the big ice and small ice isn't a big deal, but maybe he needs some time to adjust. Hopefully he finds his game in MIL and can transition over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad