Value of: Cam Fowler

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Fowler is a lifelong Duck (949 career regular season games now for those who want to feel old this morning), so moving him is not something that I, nor assumingly the org would take lightly. However, with two years remaining on his deal (6.5M per) and the emergence of young LHD in the system, there is a valid argument for listening on Fowler.

I'm curious how he's valued around the league at this point. He's been asked to take on more minutes than ever, not really set up to succeed taking the #1 role in all situations. On a contender he could slide in more comfortably as a #2/3 guy and likely flourish with a bit less of the load on his shoulders.

Which teams might be a fit and what type of value would you expect him to return? Is there a hockey trade out there for more of a pure defensive stop gap, who could play a stay at home role beside Mintyukov or Zellweger? What kind of contract would you predict Fowler to fetch if he was a UFA this summer (less relevant but always interesting gauge of value)?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler is a lifelong Duck (949 career regular season games now for those who want to feel old this morning), so moving him is not something that I, nor assumingly the org would take lightly. However, with two years remaining on his deal (6.5M per) and the emergence of young LHD in the system, there is a valid argument for listening on Fowler.

I'm curious how he's valued around the league at this point. He's been asked to take on more minutes than ever, not really set up to succeed taking the #1 role in all situations. On a contender he could slide in more comfortably as a #2/3 guy and likely flourish with a bit less of the load on his shoulders.

Which teams might be a fit and what type of value would you expect him to return? Is there a hockey trade out there for more of a pure defensive stop gap, who could play a stay at home role beside Mintyukov or Zellweger? What kind of contract would you predict Fowler to fetch if he was a UFA this summer (less relevant but always interesting gauge of value)?
While I’d love to move on from him, as I don’t think he’s a fit here much longer…. He’s be tough to trade… a 4 team ntc…. And doesn’t seem like a guy that wants to move teams or care about chance at winning a cup. So idk that he’d waive on any teams on his list, and just guessing not sure any of the teams that would be potential on his list are in a position to move for him

Detroit is prob on his list, but don’t think they really need him.

Maybe hawks , but I don’t think they are close enough to contending to want to bring a fowler in as a 2nd pair guy .

Just speculation tho, don’t have any idea what teams are on his list or if he’s even open to being moved

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
While I’d love to move on from him, as I don’t think he’s a fit here much longer…. He’s be tough to trade… a 4 team ntc…. And doesn’t seem like a guy that wants to move teams or care about chance at winning a cup. So idk that he’d waive on any teams on his list, and just guessing not sure any of the teams that would be potential on his list are in a position to move for him

Detroit is prob on his list, but don’t think they really need him.

Maybe hawks , but I don’t think they are close enough to contending to want to bring a fowler in as a 2nd pair guy .

Just speculation tho, don’t have any idea what teams are on his list or if he’s even open to being moved

He has his NTC but that doesn't mean he will only accept trades to those teams, it just gives him the right to block deals to any others. At this point in his career, it's reasonable to think he'd consider any contending team that shows interest (although we can't know for sure at this point obviously)

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
He'd get a good return for sure. It isn't a bad idea to sell him now, he has shown he play a full season, which he struggled with for a while pre 2020. Playing 24-25 minutes also which will be attractive for playoff teams.

Just a few teams who could do with a top 4 LHD like him: New Jersey, Washington, Pittsburgh, Vegas (if Martinez leaves in the summer).

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He has his NTC but that doesn't mean he will only accept trades to those teams, it just gives him the right to block deals to any others. At this point in his career, it's reasonable to think he'd consider any contending team that shows interest (although we can't know for sure at this point obviously)
Ya that’s why I said the part about not sure he is interested in cup chasing/moving teams…. I think he’s pretty content in Anaheim tbh… and imagine he wouldn’t want to waive for anymore than the 4 teams on his list

I know Anaheim trade 4-5 defensemen per year but never Fowler. I’m sorry these are the rules
sigh what could have been
Lindholm montour
Theodore Manson
Pettersson mahura/hakanpaa/gudbranson

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Couple things

#1 holy shit he's 32.

#2 according to cap friendly he plays both LD and RD, now I'm going to assume that is somewhat accurate because Cap friendly is pretty good with stuff likes that.

Assuming he's effective at RD he could be a fit in Toronto.

A partner for Rielly is all we really need.

Brodie and Lilly has been great.

McCabe and been GREAT.

Rneeds a Partner Fowler could be it.

Side note what did you guys do to Simon Benoit?

All I heard about was how much he sucked, he's been GREAT he LOVES to hit people.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Ya that’s why I said the part about not sure he is interested in cup chasing/moving teams…. I think he’s pretty content in Anaheim tbh… and imagine he wouldn’t want to waive for anymore than the 4 teams on his list

Lindholm montour
Theodore Manson

Funnily enough when they were all coming into the league my favourite of the bunch was actually Vatanen

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Funnily enough when they were all coming into the league my favourite of the bunch was actually Vatanen
Man the Finnish fans made vatanen into a folk hero on our boards…

I remember a story when he was first called up, he was out at the same hotel as the sharks…. And walked into their breakfast to get coffee (don’t remember the exact details, but always made me laugh) .

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Lindholm montour
Theodore Manson

It's hard to know for sure what his motivators are at this point. He's nearly 1000 games into his career and without a ring, plus the team is in a much different state than when he signed his contract.

There's no doubting that he loves it in Anaheim and is very comfortable there. But I could see him perhaps considering more than just four teams, if he has the strong desire to win while he's still in his prime years.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
His NTC makes speculating this kinda hard.

Trading him puts the Ducks in a tough position and I doubt they get a return that would make it worth it.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Couple things

#1 holy shit he's 32.

#2 according to cap friendly he plays both LD and RD, now I'm going to assume that is somewhat accurate because Cap friendly is pretty good with stuff likes that.

Assuming he's effective at RD he could be a fit in Toronto.

A partner for Rielly is all we really need.

Brodie and Lilly has been great.

McCabe and been GREAT.

Rneeds a Partner Fowler could be it.

Side note what did you guys do to Simon Benoit?

All I heard about was how much he sucked, he's been GREAT he LOVES to hit people.
Fowler should not play on the right side, he's only done that out of necessity.

And yes, Benoit loves to hit people, but we asked him to play 3 minutes a game more than you guys are. If you played him 20 minutes every night you probably wouldn't feel great about him.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016

Trading him puts the Ducks in a tough position and I doubt they get a return that would make it worth it.
Ducks have cap, which means just clearing his extra cap on top in itself. Is a huge win. Verbeek could then focus on bringing in a guy he really likes.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

At a certain point how much does the return matter, I think the roster spot/cap becomes a plus. Maybe not this deadline, or offseason but I think PV may have to stat considering it by next deadline

If we do go for another top4 rhd in the offseason that gives us

New guy
Gudas
Luneau (pending health issues)
Helleson

On left side it gives us, either nhl players or near ready
Fowler
Minyukov
Lacombe
Vaaks
Zellweger
Hinds

I really think zellweger is going to tough to keep down next year. Hinds prob still needs time.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
At a certain point how much does the return matter, I think the roster spot/cap becomes a plus. Maybe not this deadline, or offseason but I think PV may have to stat considering it by next deadline

If we do go for another top4 rhd in the offseason that gives us

New guy
Gudas
Luneau (pending health issues)
Helleson

On left side it gives us, either nhl players or near ready
Fowler
Minyukov
Lacombe
Vaaks
Zellweger
Hinds

I really think zellweger is going to tough to keep down next year. Hinds prob still needs time.
I wonder if Vaaks will be a surprise move at the deadline if they feel Zellweger could learn more at the NHL level. Zellweger up would give us 5 LHD (but one night play 3rd pair RD)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad